cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW to portal via XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to display a BW report via portal framework, when the BW is placed on a remote site and the connection between the portal and BW could only be established via XI ?

Thanks,

Elad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can try using XI proxy or RFC adapter to send data to XI and from XI to portal you can use http and/or soap adapters.

--Archana

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you not access the BW machine via HTTP?Is there any firewall for accessing from your network?If yes I guess even in SAP XI you have to use decentralise adapter engine.Do you have SAP XI already ? If not PCK would be an ideal choice than SAP XI for this scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

Though I am not sure, a connection from portal can be established to BW with out XI also. Try posting the same question in Portal forum, you will get the exact answer.

But Portal-XI-BW is also possible.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jai,

My problem is that I have no direct acces to the remote BW machine.

<b>Connection can only be achived via XI.</b>

Elad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

why dont u try as said in my earlier response.

try using XI proxy or RFC adapter to send data to XI and from XI to portal you can use http and/or soap adapters

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elad,

You can refer the docs given by praveen. One of the docs lists out the advantagews of using proxy to connect to BW from XI.

Kindly go through the docs and let us know if you have any problem while implemeting them.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't seem to open the related docs, is it possible that the files are corrupted ? do you have an html version of the these files ?

About the RFC and SOAP solution:

The BW offers some powerful abilities in it's reports.

I would like to be able to use these abilities in my portal view just as if I was reffering directly to the BW and not through the XI.

If I understand correctly, by using an RFC and SOAP scenario, I'll be able to receive the BW proccessed data, but I'll have to generate the portal application by myself for displaying the data.

Is this correct ? Isn't there another option ?

Elad.