cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in creating a Data Type in Integration Repository?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to create a Data Type on a newly installed XI system. My scenario is:

I am trying to upload a flat file in IS, for that I need to create a Data type in Integration repository. But in "Type" field I am not getting any "FILEINPUT" type.

Please suggest me right way to define a Data Type. Or guide me if any thing I am missing.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am not sure I get your problem.

When creating the Datatype, normally the type will denote the type of your Element --> String, Integer etc.

You will need content conversion to convert the Text into XML and the ouput of Content COnversion should match your Datatype.

Please look into these blogs for content conversion,

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

Regards

Bhavesh

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For non SAP system u dont need to give client and ystem details.

Go to SLD and Technical System,create new TS of type Third Party and then give any name to it.

In this type of TS u dont need to give any client specific details.

Then give this sender system name.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i had entered the third party in SLD, and saved the entries.( i still don`t know what to enter in available products as i found no system which is relevant to the third party)

But in integration directory, i am unable to find those entries which i had created in SLD both in technical and business.

Am i missing something ?

do guide me!

-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

You have to import the software component into Integration repository and build the scenario in IR..

Let me know whether are you done with this...?

regards,

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating datatype in IR you will get types only of type string,integer,date etc.

You will not get any type like FILEINPUT.

For this scenario you create one datatype with fields which will be ther in ur flat file and then go to ID and use File Content Conversion protocol of file adapter.

In this protocol convert ur flat file to XMl file fields which u have specified in ur datatype in IR.

This flat file will be converted to datatype u created in IR.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

You'll not have any data type called FILEINPUT. In Integration repository, you just define the flat file structure using Data type editor with the fields as either string or integer etc etc. Its actually the configuration in the integration directory, we linkthis data type (actually message type we create from this data type) with different type of adapters and file adapter is one of them. So, the file will be picked and read into the type we defined in integration repository

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am following the blog to upload a flat file to XI system,

<a href="/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2:///people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Here I am stuck to a point where I need to enter "Sender System" details in SLD. In my case sender system is my own system from where I want to uoload file, which is a non SAP system. How to enter non SAP sytem details in SLD, for which there no such details like client, system no., SAP System ID etc.

Please guide me on this.

Thanks,

Ravi