cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapscript page format

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have created my own z page format which suits the requirements of my sapscript form in TCODE spad. how do i proceed in assigning my page format to the printers say P003 which is the printer the name of the printer that i am using. i have no basis guy to it so i have to do it on my own

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Willard,

Please note that the paper format gets assigned to the device type, not the specific device. I.e. all the printers that are using the same device type will have your paper format available. It should be OK, just something to keep in mind.

Here is the path I usually take to assign the paper format to a printer. In transaction SPAD go to Devices/Servers tab. Click on [Output devices] button. Now you should see the list of all the available printers. Find the printer you'd like to change and double-click on its device type ('Dev. Type' column, 3rd from the right). Do not confuse the device name with device type name, the first is usually a long name, second is a short name, like HPLJ4.

Now you should be in the Spool Administration: Device Type screen. Click [Formats] button on the toolbar. This will display a list of all the paper formats assigned to this device type. To add your new format, first click the Change button (a pen). After that the Create button should appear on the toolbar. Click it and add your new paper format. Save.

If you don't see some of the mentioned options in SPAD you might be simply missing authorization. It's a weird transaction in a sense that it doesn't give an authorization error but simply hides stuff from you. Good luck!

former_member480923
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to Tray Info in SPAD Printer Setting -- and enter you New Page Format...

This Documentation might help.......

<i>When device types HPLJ4000 (PCL-5), KYOFS170 (Prescribe II) or POST2 (Postscript Level 2) are used, the system requires this information for list printing to ensure the correct paper format is used for printing. You also need to specify a default paper tray for list printing (under Output attributes for list printing).

For older device types, the R/3 spool system cannot use this information to change paper trays for each output job. However, it does use the information to determine potential incompatabilities between the output format and the available paper format. In this case, the spool system chooses the format that fits best for printing at the device.</i>

Thanks

Anirban M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You can change dynamically ABAP printer programs and SAPScripts in the printer program. Check the example coding. It is not exactly for SAPScript, it is for Smartforms, but the logic will be the same.

So if you want to use an another type of page format for an other printer, the easyest way to copy the whole script, and program it into your printer program.

The sample is from our program: ZRLE_DELNOTE, form: PROCESSING.

The printer type is checked in the field NAST-LDEST.

* SmartForm from customizing table TNAPR
  IF NAST-LDEST <> 'ZEP2' and NAST-LDEST <> 'ZEPH'.
    LF_FORMNAME = TNAPR-SFORM.
  ELSE.
    IF NAST-KSCHL = 'LD00'.
      LF_FORMNAME = 'ZLE_SHP_DELNOTE_K'.
    ELSEIF NAST-KSCHL = 'LD99'.
      LF_FORMNAME = 'ZLE_SHP_DELNOTE_LD99_K'.
    ELSEIF NAST-KSCHL = 'ZLDS'.
      LF_FORMNAME = 'ZLE_SHP_DELNOTE_K_4210'.
    ELSEIF NAST-KSCHL = 'ZLSH'.
      LF_FORMNAME = 'ZLE_SHP_DELNOTE_K'.
    ELSE.
      LF_FORMNAME = TNAPR-SFORM.