cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help in file to RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys i m doing a File to RFC scenario using BPM and taking help from the following blog /people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit i m a bit confused about the services being used in figure 19 and figure 20,for a File to RFC(sync) scenario,do i need to have 2 business systems,one of WEB as ABAP and one of third party?

why is he using two different services in figure 19 and 20.

thanx

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

A WebASABAP Business System is needed only when dealing with Idoc's and ABAP Proxies.

In the case of RFC calls, you can use the same business system / service as your file service or you can create another Business System for the same, or you can use a WebAsABAP Business System. Anything can be used . it does not matter technically!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhavesh,

Someone earlier told me via SDN that, it is mandatory to create a WEB AS ABAP business system for any SAP system running on ABAP stack participating in the integration scenario. If the above is true than Ahmad needs to create one WEBAS ABAP business system for the R/3 end

also a third party business system or a business service for file system.

Pls advice.

Regards,

Ashish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

WebASABAP Business Systems are need when you are dealing with an SAP system with Idoc's and Proxies.

In the case of an RFC, logically speaking it makes sense to use the WebAsABAP system , but , Technically it is not mandatory to create a webasABAP business System and use them same for your RFC calls.

It can be a Business Service or it can be a 3rd Party Business System or it can be a WebAsABAP Business System when you are dealing with RFC's.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Could you please put some more light on : <i>In the case of an RFC, logically speaking it makes sense to use the WebAsABAP system , but , Technically it is not mandatory to create a webasABAP business System and use them same for your RFC calls.</i>

Regards,

Ashish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

When I said technically, it implies that you can use a Business Service when making an RFC call. It does not matter and it will work as fine.

But, when desigining your SLD components and making RFC calls to an R3 System , it would be a better design to use a WebAsABAP Business System as your RFC's Business SYstem as well as you are dealing with an SAP system and you never know when an RFC can be replaced by an Idoc.

Hope this clears,

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx bhavesh

Answers (0)