cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on normal maintenance cycle in 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a maintenance cycle for normal corrections. Due to missed authorizations, when our testers changed the status of the change request after successful testing, the status is changed to 'consolidated', but the transport requests were not released. When we manually released the transports from SCMA task list, system released all the open transport requests, whose tasks are released. This has caused the issue of these transports being added to the production buffer. So now we have the released transport requests for requests that are at the consolidated status and for requests whose status in less than the consolidated status, i,e. to be tested, in development. If the status of the MC is changed to 'Go-Live' and when the production import job is scheduled, is it going to move all the transports in the production buffer or only those transports that have the corresponding change request status is 'Consolidated'? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Srnivas,

The import job will not take care about the Status of the Change Document, so all the requests belonging to the task list that are placed in the production buffer will be imported into production.

Kind Regards,

Andreia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. This is a bad design. I will follow-up with SAP. If any body releases a transport by mistake instead of using the test transport functionality, irrespective of whether the change is tested or not, the change will go to production at the time of maintenance cycle import to production. It seems that the design is based on the ideal assumption that all the requests that belong to a maintenance cycle will always go together. If one out of ten change requests is not tested, other requests will have to wait. Are you aware of any remedy? The obvious one is to use the test transports, but that will not protect against the mistakes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also setting up Charm 4.0.

I have to agree that this behaviour is NOT what we expected.

Is anyone using normal corrections, or is everyone using urgent corrections in a maintenance cycle, in order to avoid these unwanted imports.

Referring to an older SapNote 910506, we are even more confused. Does SAP provides there a solution or not.

thx

Steven

former_member186439
Participant
0 Kudos

I believe that in later Service Packs of SolMan 4.0 the "Export transport request" and "Return to development" actions described in note 910506 are not part of the standard workflows so some of these problems should not exist. SolMan uses Transport of Copies functionality when the developer performs the Complete Development action. These "copy" transports only get imported into the QA system and not into production. When the tester performs "Confirm Successful Test", the transport is actually released.

Now if for some reason the tester made a mistake when "Confirming", the correct action would likely be to do an Urgent correction to repair the problem or undo the change.

Answers (0)