cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermediate Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Good Morning. How to create an Intermediate Object in XI ? Suppose I have a Source Data Object. I want to send it to multiple Target Data Objects with some enhancements. But each Target system needs a different structure which is a subset of the Source. Here I want to create a Intermediate Object which is a superset of both Source and Target System Data Objects. Is it possible ?How can I do that ?

Another Doubt. When to use the Context Objects and External Definitions ?Please clear these doubts. Thanks in advance. Bye..Gowtham.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana. Thanks for the information. Can You give me more information how to create Canonical Objects, OAG's and the other stuff you were referring to ? Please give me the information if it is not a problem to you. Thank You.

Gowtham

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can download OAG canonical objects from www.openapplicationsgroup.com/org. you can download rosettanet PIPs from www.rosettanet.org. download both these canonical zip files. these files contains XSDs for different business objects like customer, sales order etc etc. you can use them as it is in your development or you can prepare your own canonical objects using these standard objects and use that instead.

But remember one thing, these OAG, Rosettanet superset objects have so many fields which you may not need. So, some times it makes sense to create your own canonicals using these standards to reduce the number of fields.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on your N destination you will have to create a destination message type.

External Definations are generally used for externally defined data structures eg. XSD, IDoc etc. These are used when you have already defined data structures and you need to use the same rather then creating your own

Context objects are nothing but logical defination of the name of the field. These are generally used for Conditional Routing

Regards

Vijaya

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think so , you need these industry standard structures. Rosettanet etc.. is for industry standards.

In simpler, whenever you need different form of the output structure other than source, you need to transform that . So you can create required target structure..

Rgds,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

gowtham,

You need to create a canonical object(which is nothin but your intermediate superset object) using some standard XSDs like OAG, RosettaNet. We used OAG in our previous implementation. But you can also create your own canonical superset object by looking at these standard XSDs and use them in your project.

--Archana

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you want to change the structure, you need to tranform the source structure, i,e you need to execute Mapping.

Using Mapping, you can generate whatever structure you want,

About Context Object-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d6/e44fcf98baa24a9686a7643a33f26f/content.htm

Regd. External Definition-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/content.htm

Rgds,

Moorthy