cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

FTP (sender)adapter is picking up a file and archiving it to an archive directory, I want to save this archive file with a different name than the original filename...

can some one help me how to do this...

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you choose append time stamp option while archiving it adds time stamp to the file name, so it would be different file name than ur input file name.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you , but I dont want the timestamp, I want to save it with a specific file name other than the original and not time stamp...

Former Member
0 Kudos

then its not standard functionality to rename the file to your required file name. May be you should use the option commandLine to issue operating system level command to rename the file to what you want.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Archive allows you the following options:

Archive

Files that have been successfully processed are moved to an archive directory.

■ To add a time stamp to a file name, select the Add Time Stamp indicator.

The time stamp has the format yyyMMdd-hhMMss-SSS_. The time stamp ensures that the archived files are not overwritten and it enables you to sort them according to the time that they were received.

■ Under Archive Directory, enter the name of the archive directory.

■ If you want to archive the files on the FTP server, set the Archive Files on FTP Server indicator. If you do not set the indicator, the files are archived in the Adapter Engine file system.

AFAIK, you cannot change the name.

Regards

Vijaya