cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying the same structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Good Morning. While creating Data Types in the IR, if we want to copy the structure of the Source system to the Target system directly without defining the same data types again, what should we do ? Please clear this doubt. Thank You.

bye. Gowtham..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Thanks for the info. I tried using the copy option by right clicking on the Data Type name. But I cant figure out how to paste that in the Target system. Please guide me. Thanks. Bye..Gowtham

Former Member
0 Kudos

by target system you mean, different XI server? or output message?

If its different server, then you need to export object and import in the target system. If same server, as I said earlier, you need create separate message types using the same data type.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

u want to use the same message structure for both sender and receiver or you want to copy the objects to other XI server?

if u want to make duplicate copy of ur sender structure,simply right click the data type,click on copy object,a box will pop up,just give the name of target data type(for eg.DT_TARGET),check the "with all dependant objects" check box and ur done.

lemme know if u have any more questions

thanx

ahmad

PL:reward with points for helpful answers

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Gowthan

u dont need to create duplicate data types for same structure,jst while u create ur message types,u can use the same data type.

for eg.

suppose ur data type is DT_SENDER

then ur two message types will be MT_SENDER(using DT_SENDER) and MT_RECEIVER(using DT_SENDER).

infact u dont even need two message types,u can create jst one message type and then use that in inbound and outbound Message interfaces.

thanx

ahmad

Pl.reward with points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

well you can use the same data type for both input and output. just create different message types and messages interface using the same name data type.

--Archana

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go to DataType and right click -->Copy option., Then give appropriate name and go ahead.

Rgds,

Moorthy