cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for BI Consultant to learn the XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

Im working as a SAP-BW Consultant.Is it good idea to learn the XI.

If yes then how SAP-XI helps me for improving my carrier .

Pls tell me

i ll assing the points

rizwan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Riz,

Read this articles and pre-requsite section that will help you.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

You want to be a Solution Architect then learn it .It all depends on what level you want to see yourself!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rizwan,

Learning new technology is always an added adventage for everyone. As you are already aware of SAP platform as a BW consultant, learning XI will give you upper hand in both prospects: For you in your career and for the organization. Netweaver is the leading platform in today's era and having knowledge about it will always help you to move ahead in your career. In coming days netweaver will lead all over so just start learning it.

Please start learning XI from the various blogs specially the one given by Sravya Talanki as Part-I, Part-II and Part-III and in the meantime go thorugh the basics of JAVA that will help you later on while doing the mapping programatically or for some other purposes. In the beginning, knowledge of JAVA or ABAP is not necessary for learning XI. In the starting part it will talk about configuration/integration, and basic configuration and mapping can be done through graphical wizard provided by XI.

I hope that this will resolve your query and confusion.

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi rizwan,

definitely your are going to gr8 time in SAP XI. As u already have worked in SAP BW. Actually for integration technologies we need people having experience in different technologies. So u have the advantage of having worked in SAP BW. So start reading the help and go tru sdn.sap.com where u can find very gud material to start ur career.

As u r from SAP BW, u must be very comfortable vth ABAP and other SAP technologies, so get some basics in XML and webservices definitely u will be vary comfortable vth it.

hope this helps,

kvr

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are not planning to completely shift from BW then you can learn XI for improving knowledge. Its always better to have knowledge about all netweaver products. May be slowly you can shift into XI once you get some confidence in XI.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai sekar

Just for improving my skill set im plannning to learn the XI along with BW background.

So is it good idea or nt .

pls tell me

rizwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rizwan

Expanding your horizon is always a good option,if u want to learn XI,then this forum is the best place to learn,my personal opinion is that its much better than any training or books,u post ur questions and u have so many helping hands its just awesome.

u can always learn and add XI to your skill set.

thanx

Ahmad

Pl:Reward with points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai archana

I dont want to shift to SAP-XI Completely.

Just i want to improve my skill set .

And one more thing, how many certifications are avialbe in SAP-XI.

can you tell me pls

rizwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

rizwan,

you have 2 certifications in XI.

1) developer consultant certification

2) technical consultant certification(for administrators)

you should have good knowledge on XI for passing the certifications\

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

rizwan,

Even without knowledge of these you can learn XI but if you know all these things you'll be more confident. Sometimes you'll have to code in Java and write XSL for mappings and/or user defined functions. So, its better you know these technologies.

But, BW is good , why do you want to shift to XI?

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai archana

I dont have knowledge about java, xml, soap.

Then what can i do .

can i go to XI or not for improving my carrier.

rizwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rizwan,

Can I know what is the reason that you want to move XI.If you have any secific reason let me know so that I can suggest you.

I am from testing background and i moved to XI recently and things are not that much easy and not that much difficult.

It could be very good ,if you know java either ABAP and even in java you need core jave for xi point of view no need of j2ee stuff,comming to xml and soap you can learn in few days.

So,Please specify the reason and I can suggest you according my exerience and my knowledge.

Thanks in Advance.

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

rizwan,

Its good if you have BW background and learn XI. But you should have Java, XML, XSL, SOAP knowledge for XI. If you are comfortable with these areas then you can easily learn XI.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rizwan

welcome to the world of XI,if u wnat to learn XI u can go through through the followin links

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters - IDoc to File

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Proxy to File

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30 - File to JDBC

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy - File to ABAP Proxy

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1 - File to File Part 1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2 - File to File Part 2

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping - Any flat file to any Idoc

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit - File to RFC

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - File to Mail

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i - Dynamic File Name Part 1

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii - Dynamic File Name Part 2

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address - Dynamic Mail Address

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi - Message Flow in XI

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm - Walk through BPM

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/schedule-your-bpm - Schedule BPM

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi - Use of Synch - Asynch bridge in ccBPM

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - Use of Synch - Asynch bridge in ccBPM

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/22/xi-maintain-rfc-destinations-centrally - Maintain RFC destination centrally

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/18/triggering-e-mails-to-shared-folders-of-sap-is-u - Triggering Email from folder

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/17/outbound-idocs--work-around-using-party - Handling different partners for IDoc

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/27/modeling-integration-scenario146s-in-xi - Modeling Integration Scenario in XI

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible - Testing of integration process

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/25/xi-how-to-add-authorizations-to-repository-objects - Authorization in XI

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/58/d22940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/content.htm - Authorization in XI

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step - Alert Configuration

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide - Trouble shoot alert config

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi - Call UNIX Shell Script

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi - Transport in XI

/people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/04/using-abap-xslt-extensions-for-xi-mapping - Using ABAP XSLT Extensions for XI Mapping

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure - Mail Adaptor options

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm - Collection of IDoc to Single File

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-controlling-access-to-sensitive-interfaces - Controlling access to Sensitive Interfaces

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14 - The same filename from a sender to a receiver file adapter - SP14

/people/prasad.illapani/blog/2005/11/14/payload-based-message-search-in-xi30-using-trex-engine - Payload Based Message Search in XI30 using Trex Engine

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i - XI : Configuring CCMS Monitoring for XI- Part I

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter - XI: HTML e-mails from the receiver mail adapter

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/22/xi-faqs-provided-by-sap-updated - XI : FAQ's Provided by SAP

start from File scenarios and then move ahead.

all the best

Ahmad