cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound HTTP adapter and URL parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm having some trouble with a XI scenario I'm supposed to implement.

I should get invoices from a vendors webserver using a url with parameters (ex. http://myvendor.com/getinvoice.jsp?invoiceid=12345) and send it as INVOICE IDoc to the R/3.

I thought that would be an easy one using the Plain HTTP-Adapter but I can't figure out how to build the URL. Is there a way to do that, or do I need to implement my own adapter??

Thanks in advance

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about you build a custom internal webservice which communicates to your vendor website. You can call your webservice from XI and let the webservice handle the http invoice calls. This should be easier than building custom adapters. Just a thought..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagathi,

Thank you for you ideia - sounds a good solution.

I've wondering if it could be easier to develop an ABAP mapping or a Java mapping, instead a Webservice.

I tried to do the mapping using just a XSL file but it didn't work.

Regards,

Tadeu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that the HTTP-adapter in XI only implements the HTTP-POST operation (posting a file to a webserver). What is needed for this problem is an HTTP-GET operation.

HTTP-GET is a simple operation on any system running HTTP-service, but it's behaviour might be difficult to fit into XI.

In a single (synchronous) operation, you pass a url to a webserver. This url contains address data as well as an (implicit) query. The webserver answers with a file containing HTML or XML (or other) content. This content should be treated as an inbound stream in XI. Formatting the url itself is outbound.

When done in program code, this only requires a few lines of code.

I need to solve this problem in XI. When I know more, I'll share my findings with you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin/Tadeu and the rest

I have a requirement, in which i need to use a HTTP adapter, to post a request message to a URL and then get the response back, which has to be emailed to a particular client. How do i go about doing it using XI 3.0. In case you guys can share your email id, maybe i can send you the requirement in detail.

regards

Sammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you guys have a solution, can you email me to kumar.pappu@gmail.com

Thanks,

Tirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

I have this scenario from Legacy to XI to external app server.I have a test jsp to execute that functionality .Its a jsp which has 1 textarea named "test" and when I click on the submit buton I get a response back.This way I am able to test this independently.Now from XI when I am executing my scenario I am getting status code '1250' and message as ' http request(test) is null'.Now in the scenario in http adapter I just provide the target host : ip of server ,

service number : port no ,

path: the container or the request handler. But this scenario fails and gives me the above erroneous response.Now Basically I am not able to get how to send the value to the textarea "test"? please provide help as soon as possible.Do we have to put the name of the jsp in the "path" in http adapter and use prolog as test= or should it be &test= .I tried this but it doesnt work.So please provide help on this as soon as possible or please suggest a solution at akshata.m@gmail.com

Thanx in advance,

Akshata

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not setup the inbound HTTP adapter. The vendor should post the message to your pipeline url. You only setup the HTTP adapter if the post is outbound from XI(eg receiver).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response.

Actually I am doing an outbound post (or should I say an outbound HTTP-GET). I send a request with the InvoiceId to the vendor-url and should get the document as a response-message.

It is not possible that the vendor sends the invoice to my inbound pipeline. The vendor has an existing platform where all customers can collect their invoices. I have to connect to that platform, there's no way around that.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Did you get a solution for this scenario?

I am facing the same problem and I am wondering how to solve it.

I appreciate any news from your side.

Regards,

Tadeu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tadeu

after some research I got the information that there is no XI-adapter supporting URL parameters.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

After I posted this message and a sleepness night I found the solution for this scenario.

The SAP documentation is not clear about the configuration steps.

I needed to connect to a third party system and send URL parameters and now it is working fine.

If you still need to implement this scenario, please let me know and I will post a message with the step-by-step procedures that you must follow to do this.

Regards,

Tadeu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tadeu,

Can you please give us the step-by-step procedures? I am facing a similar problem.

Thanks

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

In fact I found a solution for half of the problem.

When I connect directly using a HTTP page, there is no problem (for tests). When I moved to the scenario that I want to implement (RFC -- HTTP) it didn't work, so far.

The problem that I see is that the mapping is sending the XML tags to the destination Webserver.

Did you solve this problem?

Regards,

Tadeu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I have a similar requirement.

Can you please let me know if you got any sucess on the same?

regrds,

Piyush Mathur