cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC issue with PI7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are getting the follwing error when we try to insert values into db via PI. Our Database is MSSQL 2005. We are getting this following error in the communication channel monitoring.

We have made the changes inthe receiver adapter per Note: 831162.

"Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:sqlserver://DBServer:1433;databaseName=TempDB' using the JDBC driver 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:sqlserver://DBServer:1433;databaseName=TempDB: SAPClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver' "

Thanks

N.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Look for aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda file in your XI/J2EE engine integration installtion directory

2) this sda file is nothin but archive file which you can open with winzip.

Open the sda file with winzip and add the MSSQL driver jar files to it.

3) In that zip file, there will be a provider.xml file which you need to edit.

add provider info there( jar file names you need to mention). You'll have some provider info already in that xml file. copy paste that info and change the name to MSSQL and give jar files there.

4) Then deploy the the sda file again with SDM(software deployment manager)

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like its not able to find the JDBC driver class and also its not able to connect to the MSSQL Server? DId you deploy it properly using aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda?

you need to add your driver information to provider.xml in that sda file and add the jdbc driver jar files to that sda file.

Let me know if you need steps to deploy a JDBC driver.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please send me the steps. Where can I get jar files for MSSQL 2005?

Regards,

N.S

Former Member