Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please clarify my doubt ..

As per my knowledge SLD tells about the system landscape in a company(ex : different servers)

When we are doing configuration, we give source and target system address or whatever settings

What SLD differs from this configuration??

Why SLD useful other than just to see what are the different servers available in a company?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<i>What SLD differs from this configuration??</i>

SLD contains the details of system Landscape of your company. These are logical defination and not actual definition. The parameters details are provided in the adapter itself.

SLD helps in understanding all the systems present is your landscape

<i>Why SLD useful other than just to see what are the different servers available in a company?</i>

All the Gloabl Parameters are stored in the SLD

Regards

Vijaya

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry this blog /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i will definetly clarify you.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have u seen this blog /people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphical-mapping

It clearly clarifies your doubts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R K,

SLD provides many more services to complete the configuration.

The SAP System Landscape Directory (SLD) is the central information provider in a system landscape.

The SLD contains two types of information:

·

Component Information: This is information about all available SAP products and components, including their versions. If there are any third-party products in the system landscape, they are also registered here.
At design time(Integration Repository) of the integration objects, the component information is extracted from the SLD to define integration scenarios.

·

Landscape Description: This contains all installed systems in a system landscape. When a collaborative business process is configured, the landscape descriptions are needed to determine the system information of the business partners involved.

SLD is just one part required in the configuration scenario. Configuration is used in broader scenario which consists of SLD,IR,ID and RWB. SLD is the very first step that a XI person has to do for configuring or for integration of data.

Warm Regards,

Subhasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We define the System Landscape & Software catalog in the SLD. The Software components defined here are used in the design time in the Integration Repository & System catalog is used in the Integration Directory during configuration.

In Software catalog, We create

1. Products

2. Software Components

The Software components created are associated to a Product.

The Software components created are imported into the Integration Repository. It acts as the container for all the developments.

In the Landscape we define the

1. Technical system - It is the physical view

2. Business system - It is logical view, there can be more than one Business system for a Technical system. In Case R/3 , if there are 3 clients installed in system, then we will be creating a 1 Technical system & 3 Business systems.

The Business systems defined here are used in the Integration Directory at the configuration time.

Without SLD defination it is not possible to use XI

With regards

K.varadharajan

Kindly award points, if the answer clears your doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLD gives you technical and business systems available in your company. You need this information in configuring any scenario. SLD technical and business systems just logical systems where you dont give any connection parameters like host name, port etc but when you use this logical systems in configuration there you specify the actual connection parameters.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RK,

The main advantage of having SLD is, target systems are "Loosely Coupled" this is the major advantage of Xi, Systems are determined in the runtime, also maintainance is easy using SLD.

Cheers,

Nagesh........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, SLD is almost a view of all systems related to each other in the company, but SLD has some other uses too.

We define usage dependies in a SLD.

Assign Transport targets, create and maintain Business systems that is used in many scenarios(as a part of configuration).

Regards,

P.Venkat