cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT-System Copy 2004s (control.sql not found)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I am in the middle of an homogenous system copy (with installation method backup/restore) with oracle on windows. The SAP version is N2004s ABAB+Java.

I am doing this procedure with the Netweaver Guide for this type of copies, this time i have tried not to do my "standard" procedure which is to install the complete new system and after finished the complete new system install, then restore the source database and make adjustments at database level.

This time i am doing the "official" procedure. I have installed the oracle sw at the database host. I have installed the SCS instance at the scs instance with no problems. And... right know i am installing the database instance on the database host, selecting System Copy --> Homogenous Copy (Backup/Restore). I have restored the datafiles in the target database host and i have create the control.sql file and initSID.ora file from the source system with ora_br_copy.bat.

I am in the middle of the database instance installation, at this time sapinst have not created yet the OracleServiceNEWSID service in windows, i am assuming sapinst is going to create it (is it right???).

Ressuming, Righ now, Sapinst have stopped indicating to restore the backup (which i have done), and now i am continuing sapinst but i receive the message :

MDB-06020 File not found [CONTROL.SQL]

I don't know where sapinst is looking for the CONTROL.SQL script file, i have tried many locations, can you help me please??????

Regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I read carefully the system copy guide, there i found the paths:

control.sql debe colocarse en <sap_instdir> path, en mi caso "d:\program files\sapinst_instdir"

initSID.ora, obviamente debe colocarse en el "db_home\database", en mi caso "l:\oracle\SID\102\database"

The installation ran successfully. Sapinst created the windows oracle services, and ran automatically the control.sql script to create and start the new instance.

What a installation tool!!!

Cheers.