Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When i execute transaction SM50 it shows me processes status but i didnt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

When i execute transaction SM50 it shows me processes status but i didnt understant Err coloum from it.

Please explaint it and suggest hoe to remove it,

thanks,

Regards,

Sachin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SM50 error colum says that how many times the workprocess terminated it will show in red colour.

When the workprocesses terminate dispatcher will recrate the workprocesses with diffrent processes id.

How to remove means goto menu-><b>process->restart after error->yes</b>.

i think it will help you.

kiran kumar.v

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SM50 error colum says that how many times the workprocess terminated it will show in red colour.

When the workprocesses terminate dispatcher will recrate the workprocesses with diffrent processes id.

How to remove means goto menu-><b>process->restart after error->yes</b>.

i think it will help you.

kiran kumar.v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

err column shows number of time a work process got restarted by dispathcer if a workprocess fails.

D.Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

but when?

1) if process is terminated by manualy or time out error ( Run time)

sachin

0 Kudos

Hi'

due to some programatic error

kiran kumar.v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

termination can occur both

i.e, manual termination in SM50 and also when ever program inconsistency occur i.e when a work process enter into indefinate loop

D.Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

then how i rectify it? according to u it is not manualy terminated or time out error.

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the process is restarted and displays erro to next coloumn

When the system is bounced the erros numbers will be not show again.

Cheers

Soma

Former Member
0 Kudos

it not big issue if a work process dies since dispather tries to strat the work process it serious issue if you are facing this problem for number of time for a update workprocess. then you need to check which type of updates are running

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

when this error disapeare or vanish, next day on same process id error also display.

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many reasons for getting errors.

For example

1. If a job is running too long. You will find red in the column.

2. If a programm is having errors (like endless loop)

If you know the problem you can terminate the process at os level or at sap level.

Once you terminate the process ID. The work process is ready for next use.

In the next column you will have a display of number. but this will not effect the workprocess.

when ever the system is bounced the error number next to the workprocess disapper.

Hope you are clear now

Cheers

Soma

Former Member
0 Kudos

As pradeep said this error retain till you restart the server i mean SAP instance. unless you stop dispatcher this will will remain.

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sachin,

I am getting same problem.if i do restart (process->restart after error->yes) will it effect the production users or server?

please explain me brief.

vinnu.