cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to file mapping failed, please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am going thru this blog

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

No matter how hard I tried, it still does not move the input file

to an output.

Could anybody help? Points guaranteed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you doing file content converion, or simple file to file scenario? if it is simple file to file scenario then please check you file, it should be a .xml file. this happend to me file was not getting picked because of wrong file extension, hope it works for you...

Cheers,

Nagesh.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that data has not been picked up.

You can verify it by first going to Runtime Work Bench --> Message Monitoring

Also Check if your adpater is running fine in adapter moniter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. check the sender adapter status in Adapter monitoring, it should be GREEN

2. try transaction sxi_cache and press ctrl + F5

Former Member
0 Kudos

As everyone else has mentioned you may want to check the status of the adapter engine, etc. But a few things to consider....if the file is not moving, most likely the issue exists in your outbound communication channel, in other words, in the communication channel that XI uses to initially pick the file up. If that communication channel works usually XI will delete the original (if your processing mode is set as such). So if the file is not changing at all I would put money on that problem existing somewhere in that configuration. Are you using FTP or a NFS mount? Often times the issue can be a result of file permissions. It's possible that if you chmod 777 the file just for testing, XI will process it. Want to give that a try? If you are using FTP, you may want to make sure the problem doesn't lie within your FTP configuration. Sometimes that can be flakey.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jenni,

Is the file being picked up from sender side? did u see any message in SXMB_MONI? give us some more details so that we can help u.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

I went to sxmb_moni, execute monitor processed xml message,

nothing there.

I just follow the blogs exactly:

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Please help more. If you like, you can go thru the blogs.

Thanks!

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't find anything in the SXMB_MONI, after the checks whatever I have mentioned, then try out this option to look into the Logs in the SXMB_MONI.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/10/xi-i-cannot-see-some-of-my-messages-in-the-sxmbmoni

You can follow this blog only when, you have confirmed that , Sender File Adapter status is green and you have got a status showing "Message processed successfully ...".somthing like this in the adapter monitor.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went to RWB and saw:

1) 62 communication channels have an error status

10 communication channels inactive

0 communication channels not providing any status information

0 adapters logging communication-channel-independent processing errors

2) the file adapter has a grey diamond on IS.

Please help more. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grey Diamond means adapter is not activated yet.

Please log into Integration directory and activate your adapter.

Regards

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Integration directory , I do not see any adapter.

Please help more.

After I fresh at sxi_cache, I get

Unable to refresh cache contents

Error during last attempt to refresh cache

what next?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

>>In Integration directory , I do not see any adapter.

plz double click on the communication channel (sender/receiver) in that the first parameter is Adapter Type, u click on that u can find the adapters installed.

bye the way, have you activated ur communication channels etc. plz activate ur scenario and try once again.

regards

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the error looks some what different. check only communication channel associated this specific interface. What is the status of this ?

All the Intgeration Directory objects specific to this interface is activated ?

First confirm above, then check following..

btw- <i>Unable to refresh cache contents</i>

>>>U need to look into this SAP note - 764176

Also do the CPACache Refresh

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends:

The file is still sitting there without being saved.

On the communication channel, I put the port=21.

I think this might be wrong.

transport protocol: FTP

msg protocol: file content conversion.

Please help me more.

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends:

The file is still sitting there without being moved.

On the communication channel, I put the port=21.

I think this might be wrong.

transport protocol: FTP

msg protocol: file content conversion.

Please help me more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jenni,

On adapter monitoring in component monitoring from runtime workbench, go to your input file communication channel and see if its showing any error. if XI is not able to connect to that FTP server/folder , it will show error there. And for FTP port 21 is correct. Please check your directory path.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archana:

I did per your instruction and found:

Conversion initialization failed: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: 'xml.documentName' is a mandatory parameter if more than one recordset per message is specified.

I searched SDN and found its value:

xml.documentName=PlaintMaintenanceMessagetype

But where to edit above value?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jenni,

If you select Message protocol as "File Content Conversion" in the communication channel(by default it will be file, you need to change it to File Content conversion") then you'll get option to specify the document name below.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey jen

if its possible jst try to pick ur the file from a folder on ur XI server(by using NFS instead of FTP),if that works it means problem is with ur FTP connection.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archana:

I did that documentName but still failed with the same error:

Conversion initialization failed: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: 'xml.documentName' is a mandatory parameter if more than one recordset per message is specified

Please help more! Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you did specify number of recordsets per message in content conversion parameters, delete it and try.

--Archana

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Case 1: First of all are u able to see the messages in SXMB_MONI ? also check the data in the messages

1) If the success then check the message monitoring in RWB for this go to RWB>Message Monitoring>Message Display Tool and check Audit Log.

If it is success then check here

2 ) Check the message status in Receiver File Adapter channel fo rthis RWB->Component Monitoring-->Adapter Monitoring

Case 2:Message is not reached Integrtaion Engine.

1) check the Sender File adapter status .

2) If it is success check the message monitoring in RWB

If it is not success in Case2-Point1 , then check the file persmissons, adapter configurations etc.

Probably I feel error is in the File Content Conversion.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Can you check in SXMB_MONI where is the error and what is the error message

Regards

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

wats the status of your sender and receiver file adapter ???