Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC destination error in transport

charla_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to import a transport into our BW QA system and we keep getting return code 8 with the following text:

BW RFC destination <systemname> is not maintained in the source system

Message no. R3078

The transport contains cubes and three ODSs. After the transport fails and I check the QA system, the cubes are active, but the ODSs are not.

I searched SDN and found another thread explaining the same problem and I tried everything suggested there. I looked in RSA1 --> Mapping of the source system names, and the BW DEV and QA systems are listed. I also looked in SM59 and checked the RFC connection, and that is ok as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Charla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charla -

Go to SE38 -> RSDG_AFTER_IMPORT_FOR_CORR -> give your transport request -> Check both Import Request and Overwrite repairs -> F8. When done, check the log by clicking on DISPLAY LOG and see if that will throw more light on the error. Hope this helps.

charla_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

I have searched OSS further and found that the contents of my RSLOGSYSDEST table are off.

The contents are as follows:

Src System RFC Destination

AWQ100 AWP100

QAT100 QAT

I believe that in the above table, the AWP100 should be AWQ100. I looked at this table in our production environments, and in those cases the Src system entry and RFC Destination entry are the exact same, so I think this should be the case in our AWQ100 system as well.

Just curious if anyone knows if there is a program I can use to modify this table.

Thanks

Charla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charla -

You can manually maintain these entries using SE16. Hope this helps.

charla_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I made the change manually in se16 and tried to reimport. I still received retrun code 8, but with a different error message:

Invalid source system name AWQ100 entered

Message no. RSAR054

I looked this up in OSS and found note 430293. I did the check on my source system and it found errors, so then I right clicked and selected Restore. I am now trying the reimport. Hopefully I am on the right track.

Thanks

Charla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you are on the right track. Please confirm the success when done. Good luck!

charla_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

The restore allowed me to successfully import my transport.

Thanks All!

Answers (0)