cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image URL

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

I have MDM Server running on AIX and the Item images are also stored on AIX under on of the folder. I am using the MDM Java API to load Image (only Link, want keep images outside of MDM) that works fine. However the URL I proivded is not able to pull the image from AIX box and display in MDM Data Manager running on Windows. Image URL : //server/path-to-image-folder/image-name.jpg

Similar URL for MDM Server running windows and Images stored on Windows works fine.

What's the correct way to specify URL when Images are stored on Unix.

Thanks,

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Unix Server file names are case sensitive. That might be the reason when u try with windows it will work fine as names in windows are not case sensitive while it will not work in Unix Server. Please check is this the problem.

Hope it will solve your problem.let me know the result.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv Prashant Dixit</b>

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Already checked the 'Case'. Name/path specified correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your web server log file. You might be hitting security problems trying to access a file with "Anonymous Web User", or something similar.

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Which Web Server (log)?? Image files and the folder containing the images have rw-rw-rw permissions.

In scenario where MDM Server is running on Unix and Data Manager on Windows, Web Server does not come in the picture.

That leads to question, how MDM Data Manager retrieves images (link -> images)stored on MDM Server? Does it uses http protocol? Does it need Web Server?

Abhay