cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running TPVS Optimiser

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to use <b>TPVS</b> (Transport Planning and Vehicle Scheduling)Module in SEM for despatches from all our godowns and warehouses.

There is a possibility of 25-30 godowns running the TPVS Optimiser simultaneously / parallely.

The no of routes per godown on an average will be around 1000-1200 and number of SKUs to be loaded will be on an average 100.

Would appreciate if anyone could tell us whether there would be any performance issues based on their experience.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay,

I remember having used an excel file that estimates the risk level of using TP/VS optimization based on the size of the planning problem. I suppose you can find that file in the service marketplace (if not you cannot find, send me a mail and I can check if I can find that excel in my archives - my mail: pvl at por.to ).

If you go for a tp/vs implementation you may also be interested in some of my experiences in doing a tp/vs project

http://apolemia.blogspot.com/search/label/tpvs

or this list of OSS notes

http://hotoss.uatki.com/tag/tpvs/

Regards,

Pedro Lima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Lima,

I read your blog on the TPVS mods that you have done. On the topic Good Idea for TPVS, would you elaborate on which fields in the function OM_ORDER_GET_DATA can get me the pegged qty values for the order.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of evaluating the right technology for Transportation Management. We are already running on i2 and we are trying to analyze if SAP TP/VS can address our business needs and hence move to a consolidated SAP Platform.

i2 also has a rating engine which is used for freight rate calculations. The freight cost is then interfaced with SAP R/3.

The question is with TPVS, we would be decommissioning i2 and hence the Freight cost has to reside in R/3..has to be loaded via condition technique. Is there any other SAP module to address the Freight cost gap. I heard that there is something called SAP FCX (Freight cost Extension). Any ideas about that.

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

I hope this code example can help you.

APPEND p_toporderid TO lt_order.

CALL FUNCTION '/SAPAPO/OM_ORDER_GET_DATA'

EXPORTING

is_gen_params = ls_gen_params

iv_simsession = l_simsessid

it_order = lt_order

IMPORTING

et_ordkeys = lt_ordkeys

et_inputs = lt_inputs

et_outputs = lt_outputs

et_peg_inpnode = lt_pegging

EXCEPTIONS

OTHERS = 1.

LOOP AT lt_inputs INTO ls_inputs.

l_orderqty = l_orderqty + ls_inputs-real_quantity.

ENDLOOP.

CLEAR ls_inputs.

LOOP AT lt_pegging INTO ls_pegging

WHERE from_output_node-line_no = 'CC' AND

to_input_node-orderid = p_toporderid.

l_stk = l_stk + ls_pegging-quantity.

ENDLOOP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Lima,

Thanks for your update. I will give that a try.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

see notes 680603,514897