cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA - Creating a test user with profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just set up the CUA in our newly installed solution manager which is the central system and another sandbox system with three clients as the child systems.

I referred to the follwoing for the setup:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/cc/50b43be7492354e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

One of the tests for checking the setup is to create a test user with profiles in the central system and distribute it to the child systems. I did the text comparision and saved the user; i still cannot see the user in the child systems.

I checked SCUL and BD87. SCUL shows me grey. BD87 do not show any IDOC that were transferred.

Could anyone help/direct me in fixing this.

Thanks

Shabna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked all your Logical systems are setup correctly and that your RFCS between sollution manager and your child system work ok ?

One simple check to see if CUA is working correctly is to try and create a user in su01 in a child client.

If you can create a user in a child client than CUA isn't setup correctly as it locks the child clients

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Thanks for the prompt reply. The create user button does not even show up in the child system. So, I am assuming the setup is right.

I am sure the RFCs are working fine and logical systems are setup right. Anyways I am going to check each one of them again and will get back.

Thanks

Shabna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shabnam,

also the blog can be checked if u have missed any points...

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/17/scua-the-new-and-easy-magical-way-to-implement-cua

Hopefully it helps.

Br,

Sri

Award points for all helpful posts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To make the test simpler I tried it again sending the test user to only one of the child systems. The RFCs between the systems are working fine. I checked /BD64, it shows the whole set up.

When I check /BD87 of the central system I see the following error:

"Could not find code page for receiveing system".

Diagnosis

For the logical destination XXXCLNTXXX, you want to determine the code page in which the data is sent with RFC. However, this is not currently possible, and the IDoc cannot yet be dispatched.

Procedure for System Administration

Possible causes are:

1. The entry no longer exists in the table of logical destinations.

2. The target system could not be accessed.

3. The logon language is not installed in the target system.

I can see the central system as well as the child systems in the logical systems table. And the RFC destination does note shown any errors in the connection as well as authorization test. What else do I check?

Thanks

Shabna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shabnam,

One more thing. SCUL will be grey only in child systems and not central system.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shabnam,

Have you maintained anything in the logon language fields of the RFC destinations?

In that case check if that language exists in target systems.

Regards.

Ruchit.