Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA - Creating a test user with profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just set up the CUA in our newly installed solution manager which is the central system and another sandbox system with three clients as the child systems.

I referred to the following for the setup:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/cc/50b43be7492354e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

One of the tests for checking the setup is to create a test user with profiles in the central system and distribute it to the child systems. I did the text comparison and saved the user; i still cannot see the user in the child systems.

I checked SCUL and BD87. SCUL shows me gray. BD87 do not show any IDOC that were transferred.

Could anyone help/direct me in fixing this.

Thanks

Shabna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello shabnam,

if it is properly set up first check out for Outbound idocs in central system and make sure the RFC connections are OK so that they are transferrred to child systems. Lack of any idocs in ur child system indicates the connection is Not OK.

I hope BD64 has a proper set up in the view and SCUL would only indicate in case of any errors or hold ups of idocs. As since the idcos are not yet to child system, i think scul would not be helpful.

Please check for the connections first and let us know if its OK.

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello shabnam,

if it is properly set up first check out for Outbound idocs in central system and make sure the RFC connections are OK so that they are transferrred to child systems. Lack of any idocs in ur child system indicates the connection is Not OK.

I hope BD64 has a proper set up in the view and SCUL would only indicate in case of any errors or hold ups of idocs. As since the idcos are not yet to child system, i think scul would not be helpful.

Please check for the connections first and let us know if its OK.

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. To make the test simpler I tried it again sending the test user to only one of the child systems. The RFCs between the systems are working fine. I checked /BD64, it shows the whole set up.

When I check /BD87 of the central system I see the following error:

"Could not find code page for receiveing system".

Diagnosis

For the logical destination XXXCLNTXXX, you want to determine the code page in which the data is sent with RFC. However, this is not currently possible, and the IDoc cannot yet be dispatched.

Procedure for System Administration

Possible causes are:

1. The entry no longer exists in the table of logical destinations.

2. The target system could not be accessed.

3. The logon language is not installed in the target system.

I can see the central system as well as the child systems in the logical systems table. And the RFC destination does note shown any errors in the connection as well as authorization test. What else do I check?

Thanks

Shabna

0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked in the RFC connection the Character Conversion in /SM59?

I had the same problem and changed the settings in "MDMP & Unicode".

Regards

Holger

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me what are your MDMP&Unicode settings. I am assuming these setting will be for the CUA_XXX_XXX users in the child systems. Is that correct.

Thanks

Shabna

0 Kudos

Hi Shabna,

please check:

Note 613389 - ALE SAP system group with Unicode systems

Note 647495 - RFC for Unicode ./. non-Unicode Connections

Holger

0 Kudos

Hi Shabna,

check also:

transaction SALE -> Basic settings -> Idoc Administration -> Global Parameters

Activate "Use last code page found"

Hope this helps.

Holger

0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have gone thru the notes, I am not able to decipher what they mean and if it is relevant to my situation.

About SALE -> Basic settings -> Idoc Administration -> Global Parameters. The "Use last code page found" was not activated. When I try to change it and save i get the error sap org object does not exist. I think the two quantities in the IDOC administration section need to be set as well. I am not sure what they should be set to.

I have tried giving SAP_ALL to the communication user in the child system used for RFC comm. between central and child. And the IDOCs go thru fine. I am not sure if thats the right thing to do. Please advice.

Thanks a bunch

Shabna

0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I did the following as u suggested.

transaction SALE -> Basic settings -> Idoc Administration -> Global Parameters

Activate "Use last code page found"

I just chose some values for the IDOC administrator section. The distribution of users from central to child systems works fine now. No hurry but could you pls explain to me in detail why was i getting "code page not found error" and how did this resolve it. If code page was not found where did it find the last code page.

Thanks

Shabna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waiting ...

0 Kudos

Hi Shabna,

note 784381 describes it.

In Unicode systems, the code page of the receiver system is determined at runtime when you send IDocs by means of tRFC if the receiver system is not a Unicode system.

If the code page cannot be determined, the IDocs in question are set to status "02" with the error message: "Could not find code page for receiving system".

I think, it is not the best error message. When you activate the flag the system uses the last determined codepage. The error message is also for other problems, as described in the possible causes of the error message:

1. The entry no longer exists in the table of logical destinations.

2. The target system could not be accessed.

3. The logon language is not installed in the target system.

An additional trick is to set the logon language in the RFC destination to EN, DE...

Holger

0 Kudos

Thanks a bunch,

This helps.

Thanks and Regards

Shabna