Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

If we have to transprot the role from dev to qa ,then is it necessary to go to qa and release the role.if it is how to release the role after moving it to qa.Please give me detail procedure.

Regards

Khaiser

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following link for detail steps for moving the role which I had explained.

Regarding the process of relase..

Once you release the request in DEV the request is ready in QAS and PRD for import(depends on the your STMS CONFIGURATION).

Importe in QAS.

Once you import the request in QAS. The role is in QAS.

If you import in PRD the role is in PRD.

You dont have to release any role in QAS.

I hope I am clear. If you need more information let me know.

Cheers

Soma

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following link for detail steps for moving the role which I had explained.

Regarding the process of relase..

Once you release the request in DEV the request is ready in QAS and PRD for import(depends on the your STMS CONFIGURATION).

Importe in QAS.

Once you import the request in QAS. The role is in QAS.

If you import in PRD the role is in PRD.

You dont have to release any role in QAS.

I hope I am clear. If you need more information let me know.

Cheers

Soma

0 Kudos

Hi Soma,

How to move that role from qas to prd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After creating a role using PFCG in DEV system you have to transport into the QAS.

How to transport into QAS system?

In DEV system login to PFCG Tcode.Type role in role field and Go to menu<b> role->transport(ctrlshiftf9)</b>.

When you click on transport you will get a Transport request number.

If the role is already moved to Quality (QAS) please check for the Transport request number.

Type T-Code STMS click on the (truck icon) left corner on the menu).

You will be shown with list of boxes .

Queue Description Requests Status.

(DEV, QAS, PRD, Etc..)

Double click on Production box (QAS).

You will be displayed with list of Transport Request numbers

Requests for PRD.

Click (Ctrl+F5) or seacrh button.

Type the request number (You will be taken to the reuquest number).

Select the request (if the request status is green (last you will be displayed with green light button) you can import if it is trinagle icon then it mean its already improted) If its already imported re-check your request number.

Click on the menu Request you will have the option as import (Ctrl+ F11) in the drop down menu).

Once you click it starts importing once imported you can see the role in the QAS.

I hope you are clear. If you still need any clarification let me know where are you struck I will explain in deatail in that context.

I hope it will help you

kiran kumar.v