cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcodes don't print on a laser printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I must print a barcode on a laser printer using smartforms. I'm a bit confused - it looks like one needs additional software or hardware e.g. bardimm to do it, but I found here <a href="http://www.sap-img.com/abap/questions-about-bar-code-printing-in-sap.htm">www.sap-img.com</a> such information:

From 4.6c on, you can use smartforms to print barcodes without buying any barcode.dll software nor hardware extention like Bardimm on any laser/inkjet printer (Please Note that I haven't mentioned Zebra printers here!). To do this, you have to create a smartstyle -> character format with the desired barcode font (defined within sap). Then in the smartform, create a window, put the field and associate it the character format.

I followed the instruction but it doesn't work properly. I can see barcode on print preview, but when I print I get value of field instead a barcode. Did I do something wrong or is it somebody's mistake and there is no posibility to print a barcode without any additional software or hardware?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rafal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first check whether the printer settings are able to identify the barcodes in SAP.coz then need to be explicitly configured so as to recognise them.