cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using portal navigation BACK in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I got a WD application that is called from the Universal worklist. When I finish my task in the Web Dynpro I wanna navigate back to the Universal Worklist. For doing that I use the following code:

WDPortalEventing.fire("urn:com.sapportals:navigation", "historyNavigate", "-1");

This works fine only the first time.

thr reason for why it only works is beter described by this flow:

1. I navigate to the UWL (Navigation history of the portal points to the UWL) (Portal History = UWL)

2. I click on a task in the UWL and the WD opens (History then points to WD)

( Portal History = UWL-->WD )

3. I click Back button in h WD to navigate back to the UWL which is a succes (History points to the WD - THIS IS THE PROBLEM - it doesn't sets the pointer, it only navigates back)

( Portal History = UWL-->WD - Notice that it should be only the UWL because the pointer should be set back to the UWL)

4. I click on another task in the UWL and the WD opens (History points to the WD)

( Portal History = UWL>WD>WD )

5. I click on the back button in the WD and I'm navigated back to the WD from step 2 ()

( Portal History = UWL>WD>WD )

Summary: Step 3 describes the problem, but I don't know how to solve it.

Somehow the history pointer isn't updated or refreshed.

I've been looking for something that can update the portal history or simular but no luck.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Ole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can directly call the UWL iview in the portal once the task is completed. Use a code like:

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(
"ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/general/iViews/com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.iviews/com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.uwl_iview",
WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,
(String) null,
(String) null,
WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS,
(String) null,
(String) null,
(String) null);

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit

I can't use the WDPortalNavigation since the UWL I need to navigate to can be a dublicated iView with different display setting and there for I can't be sure to navigate back to the right iView.

Regards,

Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

To summarize the problem:

I have several different configured Universal Worklists, so It have to be dynamic which UWL iView I navigate back to. Because of that I can't use the WDPortalNavigation methods since I have to more or less hardcode a URL.

Unless there's other ways to do similar things I have to use the BACK functionality in the portal to be sure I "hit" the right iView.

Any ideas?

/Ole