cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't logon via easy DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to log on to the DMS via Easy Document Management, but somehow it does not work. The server responds with 'Logon failed. Username or password incorrect', but my input is 100% correct.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need special rights to use the system? I am able to access the DMS using the SAP Gui.

Thanks a lot,

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ttripati_subudhi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default Easy DMS use the password in upper case only. In ECC 6.0 the password is case sensitive. If your passowrd in ECC 6.0 is in lower case you cannot log into Easy DMS without changing the default setting in Easy DMS application. To change this setting in easy DMS just click the small button adjacent to the user name filed in the leasy DMS logon screen.. This will give you option to enable (tick) the check box for password.

Regards,

T T Subudhi

Edited by: T T Subudhi on Sep 30, 2008 11:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the rules that apply:

RFC has no case in password, so it all has to be uppercase

RFC - max 8 characters.

So to get it to work, set case sensitivity in password in Easy DMS, set your password to max 8 char uppercase and log on.

Please reward if useful.

espen

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think statement RFC - max 8 characters is still applicable anymore with new versions of RFC.

david_deeg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

I´m not shure but I think Easy DMS doesn´t support all signs within the password, to make shure that this is not

the problem I would reccomend to change your password to a very simple one.

If you still can´t logon check tc ST22 for dumps created in the backend system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've now run the trace, and in the trace i get the following

ERROR file opened at 20080108 093502 W. Europe Stand, SAP-REL 620,0,1450 RFC-VER 3 652809 MT-SL

T:2360 ======> Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

T:2360 <* RfcReceive [10] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

No surprise there. I cannot get the abap debugger to open. Note that Easy DMS is running locally, whereas SAP GUI is running as a Citrix app.

I have the S_RFC authorisation, but i doubt that is the problem. I have checked the ST22, and no dumps.

I've tried with small case and upper case passwords, but no success. So i still think there is something wrong that has nothing to do with authorisations, but more likely has to do with password/username management. I've configured Easy DMS in the past on older systems (4.6 and 4.7) and never had this problem.

Any experience setting up Easy DMS in a was 2004 or 2004s environment out there?

Regards,

Espen Leknes

Edited by: Espen Leknes on Jan 8, 2008 2:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had sililar problem when integrating SAP with AutoCAD

The Problem is

i was able to logon to 4.7 & ECC 5

But i am not able to logon to ECC 6

I had SAP GUI 6.2 installed before the problem.

When i uninstalled SAP GUI 6.2 &

installed SAP GUI 6.4 the Problem was solved

i was able to logon to ECC 6

May be in your case too ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue. My password had numbers and combination of small and caps alphabets. I changed my passowrd to only caps with no numbers. It started working. I dont understand why this constraint exists.

Thanks

Pugazh

pugazh_as@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem.

Added the role S_RFC, tried uppercase and lowercase passwords, setting all combinations of case and case in-sensitivity in the Easy DMS login settings.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Espen Leknes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In easyDMS logon screen, click on SAP Logo. It will open a trace parameter window. Check 'Create rfc trace' and 'Start with ABAP debugger'. Then try to logon, it will open abap session, where you can debug and find out what is the cause of this problem.

Regards,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dominik,

Your user need the following role in his profile to allowRFC call.

S_RFC Authorization Check for RFC Access

Activty 16 execute.

The best thing to do is to execute a Authorization trace with transaction ST01.

Pelaez Lopez Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have similar problem. Authorization object S_RFC added, in addition to SAP ALL and SAP NEW. ST01 shows nothing in the trace. Any other ideas?

Cheers

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the easyDMS version you are using?

Also, does your password include the mix of capital/small letters?

If yes, then set the case sensitive setting in easyDMS interface. And then close easyDMS and restart and then try.

Also, you can create rfc trace to check what is going wrong.

Regards,

Anu