cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI returns no valid data chosen ????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have the most mysteriousproblem in WebDynpro.

I have developed a certain application which fetches the data from the backend R3 System. This code works fine in the Development server, Testing environment.

However, when i transported the same webdynpro code to production and the same R3 code to production, its giving me problems.

The backend R3 system returns a message, no valid data chosen.

However the data is being passed to the BAPI properly, and the BAPI works fine when I execute it from se37.

I cannot even reproduce the error, as it never appears in Dev or QA.

Any idea on this ???

Please help, really stuck up with this.

Thanks in advance,

Samta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samta,

1. Please give the details about the Development Server and Production Server like version, sp level etc,

2. Did you check the FM in the Production Backend?

3. See for what reason the BAPI returns "No valid data chosen" error. So that you trace error.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Maheswaran,

Thanks a lot for ur response.

I have checked the versions of the QA and Prodn portal, both are the same SP Level etc.

Even the backend shows the latest version of the FM.

And also, the FM returns no valid data chosen, when the i/p parameters to the BAPI are incorrect. This doesnt seem to be the probable cause, as we have printed the i/p parameters to the BAPI, and the appear to be fine.

Please help as this is really urgent.

Any thoughts on this.

Thanks and have a nice day!!

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the user logged in the portal (who runs this FM) has proper authorizations to access the necessary data (or the authorization to run that FM etc). If its a standard SAP FM, then its quite possible.

Thanks,

Rajit

Message was edited by:

Rajit Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rajit,

Yep tht did the trick..

Thanks a lot......................

Thanks a million.

Samta

Answers (0)