cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 04 MDM - Requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have some experience with SAP Web AS 6.40 and EP 6.0, but I am new on MDM.

My question is: does MDM have its own graphic user interface or it requires EP 6.0 to run?

Thanks for your help

Fernando Urzedo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM 3. does require EP 6.0 to run. It also requires the XI for key mapping. Solution Manager and BW are nice to have but not mandatory.

You might want to search the mdm forum for "hardware" and related issues - there are some threads, which cover the mdm landsape and hardware issues, too.

best regards, matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the info.

Another question: how about MDME? Does it require EP 6.0 also?

Thanks in advance

Fernando Urzedo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

nope, no EP necessary - i did not check MDME by myself but I was told by a SAP guy, that you can even put it on your workstation as standalone-tool. I have seen a demo recently and was quite amazed about the facilities of such an apparently underestimated tool - it can create great online catalogues including images, sounds, video... it can also export catalogues to Indesign and Quark XPress - so you might save the money for an advertising agency - last but not least it promises to establish a data consolidation...

cheers, matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

If MDM 3.00 can be configured without Solution Manager, Can I get the documentataion of it as we are trying to do it without solution manager. Otherwise if possible you can send me a link also. Also mention the integration concern areas where you have to take care since this confuguration is manual and not through solution manager.

Thanks and Regards,

Sambhaji

Answers (0)