cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI - Sp9 to SP10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to upgrade our PI from SP9 to SP10. I have the SP 10 support package guide. I also downloaded the needed files from the market place.

Even though I have read the guide, I am confused about updating the files.

1. How to updrade the kernels? The guide talks about extracting the SAR files and use the SPAM transaction. My question is, after I extract the files, how should I specify the this directory in SAPM. May be I am wrong here.

2. If some some can give me step by step to do the ABAP and JAVA upgrade procedures that would be great.

Regards,

N.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay there are three different types of upgrades you are making reference to here.

1. Kernel

In order to upgrade the kernel you download the latest kernel package from the SAP Service Marketplace. It will come in the format of a .SAR file. This requires the SAPCAR tool which can also be downloaded from the marketplace, or in your /run directory on your SAP server. Once you extract the files, you upgrade the kernel by replacing the files that were extracted with the ones that exist in the /run directory. It's a good idea to make a backup before trying this though.

2. ABAP + JAVA support packages

You download the ABAP and / or JAVA support packages from the SAP Service Marketplace. For each support package you can go into transaction SPAM and queue them up by selecting Support Package (menu) -> Load packages -> From Front End. This will elt you select each package from your desktop and send them to the server and queue them up. Support Package -> Import queue will start the process.

3. JAVA stack

You have to download a seperate tool, to which the name and location escapes me, but its a seperate tool altogether that you install, located somewhere on the marketplace, and thats how you load up the Java stack upgrades.