cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Correction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can any one explain the flow of urgent correction in SCM with repect to users(change manager,developer,IT ope,Tester)

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Avinash,

dwnld the file at this location and you would get the sim file for urgent request and can understand the methd in detail.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700002931432006E.sim

Br,

sri

award points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sri,

Thank you for the link.We are using SOLMAN 4.0.When we do urgent correction,the developer was not able to set the status to in developement.But the same developer was able to do the action"in development" for normal correction.Moreover,the "Log to system" action doesn't appears.Because of this only change manager was able to set the status in to "In Developement".And since no "Log to system" is avilable in action,we need to go in to the task list and do the action,but once again the developer has no authorization to go to task list.

One mor thing is,when i checked the SAP Solution Manager 4.0: Learning Map for Technology Consultants & System Administrators in service market place,in there example scenario it is same as what we have in our system.In the sample scenario same person is doing all the activities.(i.e., change manager,developer,it operator and tester)

If what is shown in the sample scenario is correct,do the developer for urgent correction should be given authorization to accsee task list?

Please look at the example scenario at the following address.

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700005479212006E.sim

pls help on the above issue.

Thanks in advance

Avinash

former_member186439
Participant
0 Kudos

When you say that your developer could not set the Urgent Correction to "in development" is that because the action did not succeed or because the action was not available in the action list? If it is not available in his action list, there is some sort of role issue.

When you set an Urgent Correction to "in development", unlike a Normal Correction, it automatically creates transport requests in your development system. It may be failing to create the transport requests so this might be your problem. Open up the task list for the Urgent Correction and open up the Daily overview when the problem occurred. You might see a "Create Transport Request" action with a red stoplight status. If so, if you double click on the "Create Transport Request" action, you should get some additional information that might be helpful in finding the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi steven,

Than you for the quick reply.In our case,"In developement" appears in the action but the developer was not haveing the authoriztion.But when the change manager sets the status to "In Developement" it automatically creates a Transport request in the corresponding task list.But my problem is since there is no"log on to System" in the action,the developer can access the developement server only through task list,but he doesn't have the authorization to access the task list.So for a urgent correction should a change manager has to status to set "In development"?and do we need to have developer with authoriztion to access task list to do urgent correction?

pls comment on the above issue.

regards,

Avinash.

former_member186439
Participant
0 Kudos

The "log on to System" action is not that important. It is mainly on the action list as a convenience to the developer. You can always logon to the development system using standard GUI practices. I personnaly don't have the ability to use "log on to System" and I manage to process Urgent Corrections just fine.

I believe this is a role issue. I think it may be the S_RFCACL authorization object on the satellite system that is controlling this access. Maybe some one else can verify this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi steven,

Thanks for your comments.

regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steven,

Now the problem is solved with the support from SAP.They told that it may be due to a update problem,so they have deleted the current action and created a new action.

Now i have one more issue,when we complete a urgent correction,the status is reset to Withdrawn instead of complete.Please help on this,as we are not able to find the correct status of the tickes which as been closed.

Thanks and regards,

Avinash.