cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make parameter rdisp/wp_auto_restart static?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am facing the following issue, i have already changed the rdisp/wp_auto_restart to

172800s as described in note 101717 but always when I restart the instance the value return to initial value 0, as default.

I need that this parameter have already the same value that i configured until the restart of the instance as a static parameter.

Thus if this one assumes the default parameter after a restart, all of my work process couldn´t be restarted.

BR.

Igor Pereira

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK It´s functionig nice.

Br.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

I have already applied this one in rz10.Thus everything is ok.

BR.

Igor

Former Member
0 Kudos

would be nice, if you can mark this thread as answered - just helping people to find out if it's worth to read the details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>rdisp/wp_auto_restart</b> this parameter belongs to dynamic parameter if u set this in <b>RZ11</b> no need to restart the system.If you restart the system what are the values you set to the parameter will be gone and default values you will get.

<b>rdisp/wp_auto_restart</b> parameter if u set in <b>RZ10</b> you need to restart the system then only changes will effect.

i hope it will help you.

kiran kumar.v

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, I'll try to explain it:

During the startup of the ABAP Server the Instance Profile is read and it's contents calculated during the profile mechanism, the result is copied to shared memory.

Every time a WP is restarted it will now read the parameter values not from the instance profile but from the copy in the shared memory.

If you are allowed to modify a parameter value (dynamic parameter) during runtime using RZ11 the parameter value will be changed only in the shared memory, which will immediately make it visible to all workprocesses and the dispatcher.

Shared memory is automatically deleted after the last process has been detached from it. With the deletion of the shared memory your RZ11 modified profile parameter value has gone....

So you need to make it in RZ10 and update the profile in order to get it permanent.

peter

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

Are you changing the parameter with RZ11 ?

If yes this is only a temporary overwrite.

To fix the value even over a restart you must add it to your intance profile using transaction RZ10 (as mentioned in the sap note).

regards

Rolf