Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add pictures in CCM for items in SRM_EXTRAXTED_CATLG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys (and girls of course),

Best wishes for 2007 for all of you.

I've got following issue I've been struggling with: I'm trying to add a picture to items in CCM, but for items coming from R3 (replicated to SRM). I want to use the standard PICTURE/URL field for this ('complex' data type)

(procedure for uploading R/3-materials is currently already working)

I've been checking out following BADI's:

<u>/CCM/IF_EX_CTLG_ENRICHMENT~ENRICH_ITEM</u>

I have found an example for implementing this in another thread and this seems to work for 'simple' characteristics, eg /CCM/CONTRACT_ID as mentioned in the example)

<u>IF_EX_BBP_CCM_CHAR_MAINT~VALUATE_PRODUCT</u>

for additional customer-characteristics this works fine, also for simple standard characteristics (eg /CCM/MPN) this works fine.

But in both cases i seem to be unable to fill the complex characteristic /CCM/PICTURE (subfield /CCM/URL). I tried to use the same syntax as in the CSV-load file (ie /CCM/PICTURE#/CCM/URL) but it's not working as i expect.

When i add this info manually to the field, the picture shows as expected. (But adding this info manually is not an option of course.)

Any thoughts or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Some additional information

SAP_ABA 700 0009 SAPKA70009

SAP_BASIS 700 0009 SAPKB70009

PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 0009 SAPKIPYJ79

ST-PI 2005_1_700 0001 SAPKITLQI1

SAP_BW 700 0009 SAPKW70009

SAP_AP 700 0006 SAPKNA7006

CCM 200_700 0005 SAPK-27005INCCM

SRM_PLUS 550 0006 SAPKIBK006

SRM_SERVER 550 0006 SAPKIBKT06

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I was not active on SDN for some time hence did not see yr thread.

We had used SRM_EXTRACTED_CATALOG in our earlier project and managed to get pictures for all the items in shopping.

The path we took:

with the report BBP_CCM_TRANSFER_CATALOG get the SRM_EXTRACTED_CATALOG in CAT

map the relevant categories in SRM_EXTARCTED_CATALOG to /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG.

import all the picture JPEG files for all the items in the MIME of server

SE80->MIME repository -> drill down to BSP/SAP/BC/CCM (sorry i don't remember the exact path and I don' t have the system now) -> create yr own folder-> import all the JPEG files to this folder.

now derive a URL for each item in a format: http:
server name.domain name\services (sap\bc\bsp\cat\yr folder name\file name)

validate this URL in IE

it should derive the picture from the MIME of yr server and show you on screen

now go to mastrer catalog ->open the chara "image" for each item -> paste this url and type (JPEG) -> and save the item

this should give picture of each item when you are shopping in EBP as preview and in detail also

it's somewhat cubersome to paster those URLs but it's one time activity.

Helpful?

BR

Dinesh

reward if helps

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter: I don't think the CSV syntax for complex characteristics (#) will work in a BAdI.

You can look at the SAP code in the sample implementation /CCM/CSE_OCISCALEPRI of the /CCM/CSE_ENRICHMENT BAdI. It may give you an idea how to get at the values in component characteristics (in this case, for the complex characteristic /CCM/PRICE).

Hope this will help you get your URL enrichment working. By the way, you may consider /CCM/CSE_ENRICHMENT as an alternative to /CCM/CTLG_ENRICHMENT to achieve your desired functionality. With /CCM/CSE_ENRICHMENT, the values in the URL can be populated directly in CSE for the user output.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter I have the same issue. Did you ever resolve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still didn't find a solution for this. Same problem exists for adding a URLl (which contains a link to a document with more information on the material). (this is also a complex field)

The alternative way will probably be making a download from SAP R3 material master, convert this in an excel and load it into CCM like any other 'vendor' catalogue. Since we only want pictures for a limited set of materials, this could be a possible way of working.

But the standard way (using SRM_EXTRACTED_CATLG) would be nicer of cource (and much more flexible).

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can add pictures via contract catalog. Idea is to have extracted (with master data), contract (with prices) and supplier catalog (with pictures). Only way to connect extracted and supplier catalog is via contract catalog.

Of course you must have unique key which is material master number.

I know that this is not the real solution but this is the only way.

In our case as backend is the leading system for the contracts we were not able to use this solution but we did it on the way that we only replicated master data from backend to EBP and that use supplier catalog in which we include material master number and picture. We are not using extracted catalogs but only supplier. You must replicate materials because of the backend check.

HTH

Gordan