cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible site improvement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was opening an OSS note yesterday, and noticed that it runs a search based on the header details before allowing you to post the actual details of the problem.

I think this would be great if this happened here as well.

I have now answered the same question several times, and thought it might be an idea, before some else posts a questions in Financials about the New GL... Don't get me wrong, I like helping others - but those that help themselves! I know everyone has to start somewhere! (just got email about 1k contribution....)

It may reduce the number of duplicated posts if SAP/SDN provides links based on a search of the header data before users can proceed with posting the question.

I think it would be great - if it was possible!

What does everyone else think?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am all for it.. sometmes you see the same question within a couple of minutes.. We do have Wiki, FAQ , sticky posts etc prompting the Users to search.. but then.. so forcing the Users would definitely help in avoiding duplicate posts..

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just updated the Financials Wiki - How to guides (for a second time in two weeks) to help with repetitive questions.

I think the search button is either hidden or disabled on some PCs..

I post/help out in Netweaver Administrator, Netweaver performance, Netweaver Platform, Financials, Supply Chain Management, Sales and Distribution and occasionally XI, but there are for more experienced users in XI, than me! I am only a SAP Novice though (but a fast learner - we have very small teams here and all have to help out!)!

I can find out most information that is asked by using google...

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>I can find out most information that is asked by using google...

Why would I take the trouble of searching if I can get multiple replies in a jiffy even for the simplest of simple Questions.. if you spend a few minutes on the ABAP General forum you can see it for yourself.. why the fourms alone, you can even see this 'repeptitive' stuff in the Blogs too..

I guess that is one downside of an otherwise 'nice to have' Points system..

But a lot of things have changed for the better over a period of time though..

~Suresh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because this site is not an official site of SAP, it is not a question of life and death if users are posting the same questions over and over again... This is only a discussion forum about SAP...

Besides, how can we earn much more points if they are not posting a lot?

Regards

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

A couple of points:

When I think of duplicate posts, I think of a person asking a question and then asking exactly the same question sometime later. (In some cases just a few minutes later.) It's a bit annoying to spend time trying to figure out an answer to a question only to find out that the question was answered earlier in the other post.

Getting points shouldn't be what the forum should be about, but in some cases, people will answer a question by simply cutting and pasting an earlier response to the same thread in order to get in on the quest for points. And sometimes it works. I wouldn't mind seeing the whole point system dropped.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

But SDN is an official site of SAP. Didn't you know that?

IMHO not a question of life or death if questions are posted multiple times, but some of the cognoscenti are getting weary of answering the same question again and again (even if they do get points).

One of the ideas behind our wiki, is to provide a place to anchor the answers to often-asked questions.

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this would be a major improvement.

Rob