cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Problem with Trays

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to print 4 copies of a invoice and each copy i want to print in a different paper tray. In the moment i can make that the everything goes allright when i print just one invoice. The problem is that when i go to TR. VF04 and i chose to process 8 or 9 invoices the printer prints everything ok till the third ou the fourth invoice, than she makes a little brake and when starts the printing again the order of the copys are wrong. The first three invoice are printed like 1st copy(Tray1) of invoice, 2nd copy(Tray2), 3th copy(Tray3), 4th copy(Tray4), then goes to the second invoice and does 1st copy(Tray1), 2nd copy(Tray2), 3th copy(Tray3), 4th copy(Tray4) and the third invoice prints in the same way (this is how i want), but at the 4 invoice and to the last she prints the 1st copy of the 4 invoice, the 1st copy of the 5th invoice and so on to the last, then prints the 2nd copy of the 4th invoice, the 2nd copy 5th invoice and so on, and continues until the 4th copy of the last invoice. And i don´t want that way, i want to print like the 3 firsts invoices,i don't know what is wrong.In the spool is created one order for each copy,so it could not be a problem of joining orders.Does any one know how to solve this? I have one solution that is create a form for each copy (4 equal forms) and in each form define the tray to print, like that it works fine, but it´s not a optimal solution because like that i have to make many forms exectly iqual.

Thanks,

Ricardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ricardo,

i have on solution for this.. b'cos we were using the same type of output.. we want to print the invoice 3 copies each. for we have created only one Form layout but we created 3 output types per copy.

1st copy will take paper from 1st tray of the printer , and 2nd copy takes paper from 2nd tray and 3rd copy from 3rd tray. each trya contains papers with different colors.. so we have created three output types per copy for the same printer.

If your problem solved with soultion or with other please write the solution in this thread.

Regrads

Naresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to do the same, how do you create 3 different output types for just 1 form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You will find one exemple. This is for one printer with 2 trays (1 manual and 2 auto)

Manual : Tray1

Auto : Tray 2

Auto : Tray 3

If you're printing in A4 formats :

- go to SPAD

- create one printer (this one will print on tray 1)

- go to Tray Info

=> active Tray1 and select DINA4

=> active tray2 and select DINA3

=> active Tray3 and select DINA3

save

When you create one spool order in A4 format and you send it on the printer created earlier, it will print on tray1.

To print on Tray2

=> active Tray1 and select DINA3

=> active Tray2 and select DINA4

=> active Tray3 and select DINA3

etc ...

Regards

François LECOMTE

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>create the 3 output types in SPAD</b> with different settings(her give differenr tray for each output types as default in output attributes) ,...

in NACE configure them with same driver program name and form name..

when user user select any out put type it will print the same from but it ewill select the paper from differnt tray

got it..

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved

Reward if Helpful

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Can you elaborate little more.

I have a similar requirement where I need to print the picking list from different trays.

Can you please provide some screen shots on the configuration required to be made.

Appreciate your response.

Tanks

Manju