cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro - Internationalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Webdynpro application which has a view with some labels, tables and buttons. I need to display the labels and button texts in the language set in the user's browser (language settings). I tried creating copies of the .xlf file of the view, for each language (eg, testcomp_en.xlf and testcomp_de.xlf). Still the view picks up the default .xlf file and not the language specific file.

Can any help me in solving this issue? Its very urgent.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you used the message pool to insert text for labels?

regards

yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using property files to display labels on my table UI element instead of adding fixed bottom cell. So how do i change its language.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankita

Do try to insert one message at the message pool and see if it comes out alright.

regards

yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lookinto the following URL

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/web dynpro tutorial and sample applications.faq#q-16

(Deals with how to internationalise the webdynpro application)

hope it helps you

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie, i have done this but i need help for static labels in table also. The labels to be displayed in labels are stored in property file but for this files there is no.xlf generated. So how do i change in this case.

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Pradeep,

have a look at the following NetWeaver help text:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/d95664da179b4db731e21c2e470b72/frameset.htm

It describes the fallback sequence followed by the Web Dynpro for Java Runtime in order to determine the current session locale.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Web Dynpro application use Internationalization settings according the following rule:

1. First, the language of the browser is checked

(Tool->Internet Options->Languages). If Language is set, browser language is used.

2. Check the language of user in UME.

So, set German to be the <b>first</b> language on your browser.

Hope it helps.

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's the other way around. It checks the language set in the UME, then defaults to browser language if it doesn't find one in the UME.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, the following is taken from Sap help, it seems thats things were changed in the last SP's beacuse in a previous release the it works as I mentioned:

Web Dynpro determines the language used for each application instance in accordance with the following rules:

· With user authentication

In the case of applications that require a user logon (that is, authentication), Web Dynpro uses the language that is assigned to this user as the language indicator.

· Without User Authentication

If no user authentication is required for the Web Dynpro application, then the language indicator of the used browser is taken for the selection of the properties file – provided the Web Dynpro application does not run in the portal.