Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with roadmap's creation : Please help

sophie_michel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I copied the global template roadmap in order to create my own roadmap. The thing is that I deleted the files and created my own nodes and subnodes in the structure. Was it the right way to do ? I mean I can not see the entry screen when I am not in the transaction "RMAUTH", even if I change the user setting and undo the cross "view via entry screen". And furthermore, the entry screen is not complete and it seems impossible to add something to the work package...By the way it appears that the structure is clearly not recognised by the system....Could someone help me please ?

PS : The new roadmap has been assigned in "administrator system"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What do you mean with "deleting the files" ?

In the transaction RMAUTH, do you see anything when you click on the "Entry Screen" button ?

And what do you also mean with the structure is not recognised by the system?

regards,

sophie_michel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Sorry I made a mistake, wanted to say that I deleted the initial nodes and subnodes coming from the initial copy of the roadmap. I created my own structure in fact but through the copy.

When I am in "RMAUTH" and when I click on "entry screen" I can see the beginning of the roadmap but not everything. I can note create the workpages.

When I click on the pen I am not able to click on the structure....

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One more question: what do you mean with you see the beginning of the roadmap in the entry screen ?

The nodes which are direct children of the top node are used as header in the entry screen.

I mean, if you have the following roadmap structure

Rodmap Test

1 . Node one

1.1 SubNode one

1.2 SubNode two

2. Node two

2.1 SubNode three

2.2 SubNode four

When you start the entry screen edition, you will see the 2 headers with name "Node one" and "Node two".

Then you will have to add Work area, you can do this by using the push button "Work Area Management", you have to select (or create) a work area to be used (for example "Work Packages"). When the needed work area is selected, you have to select the "Copy" button. And then confirm the dialog.

When clicking on the pen, you are only allowed to select the subnodes of the node which is written in the header. In my example, if you have clicked on a pen of the first column (which has header "Node one"), you will be only allowed to select the nodes "SubNode one" and "SubNode two".

The nodes which are located below "Node two" will not be selectable (checkbox is greyed out).

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lieu,

I am facing the problem on the same issue. If i click on the "Pen", i am getting following message:

"The substructure doen not exist:Expand is not possible". Even though i have maintained the subnodes.

Thanks

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

If in the structure all the sub-nodes are created they should be available for selection.

When you click on the Pen, do you get a dialog where you can see the roadmap structure ? At least you should see the selection dialog even if there is not subnodes below the node where you clicked the Pen.

You should open a CSN ticket as it seems to be a bug.

Best regards,

Thierry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is CSN ticket? How to view this?

As soon as i click on the "Pen", i am getting the dialog with roadmap structure. But it is greyed out. ( Only header nodes are visible, sub nodes are not possible to see).

The surprise is:

I have maintained five phases. They are:

1. Project preparation phase

2. Blueprint phase

3. Realization

4. Final prep

5. Golive & support

If i click on the "Pen" in project preparation phase, i am getting sub nodes. But if i click on "Pen" in blueprint phase, i am not getting sub nodes. so the sub nodes are either visible mode or not visible mode, depends on which phase i am selecting.

Thanks

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

Is there any subnodes below the node 'Blueprint Phase' in the tree structure ?

You are allowed to select one the subnodes of the header nodes which has been selected according to the Pen where you had clicked on.

So under the Blueprint Phase, you are not allowed to select subnodes of the Project preparation phase.

By CSN ticket I mean OSS message for SAP support to investigate in this problem.

Best regards,

Thierry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've faced the similar problem which has been solved only with installation of OSS-notes:

990064 - Inserting elements into work areas in the entry screen

987727 - Roadmap entry screen display is empty

987320 - Roadmap structure is not displayed

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maxim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thierry and Maxim.

I was the same problem some months ago.

Additionally to the initial description of this thread, the icon of the button for (F8 -execute) add the selection of work areas listed, is without identifying (it's between enter and new entry)

steps:

1 .clic in work area management

if there are not work areas then:

2. Clic in new entry

3. Select the work areas (shift or control key)

4. Clic en execute botton (or F8).

5. Clic en the enter botton (the tilde button)

After this you can edit (clic in the respective pencil of the work area) as it were commented in a previous answer.

Add this url for the tutorial (recorded webex session of the live expert session for SAP Solution Manager 4.0):

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000301732005E

November 10, 2006; 5:00-6:00 p.m.(CEST) Topic: Roadmap Editing functions in SAP Solution Manager 4.0

Regards

Mauricio