cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Export] How to update?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I exported my design objects from development system to the test system. Now I do some changes in development system and want to update the test system. Do I have to delete the SWK in the test system or how can I realized an update? For export I use the export function in design and import the file in the target system.

And is it not possible to transfer the configuration objects?

Thanks for help/links.

regards

chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chrisitian Read this article which gives an overview of transport strategies in SAP landscapes.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Refer the transport of SAP XI Objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you use CMS for transporting?

If so, it uses it's own internal components and assigns a new version to the updated object to transport in Dev. You can then import into QA which consolidate these objects, before transporting the full package to production in one go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>I exported my design objects from development system to the test system. Now I do some changes in development system and want to update the test system. Do I have to delete the SWK in the test system or how can I realized an update? For export I use the export function in design and import the file in the target system.</i>

You just need to transport just the changed object or if it's more then one object in the namespace then you can transport the namespace or the whole SWCV. It depends on your requirement. If the SWCV already in present then it will just update the changes.

<i>And is it not possible to transfer the configuration objects?</i>

Yes you can transport the configuration object provided you have mapped your Business system in the SLD with the destination system

Some of the adapter parameters are refreshed depending on the type of adapter and you need to update this before you activate the object

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your replies.

@venu

>After done the changes in Dev system activate now Export the SWCV..this

export file Import into Test System .(that means re-import)

Interessting. I will test this re-import. Thanks.

>First you should create with the same Name Business systems .

>Select the Configuration scenario right clikc Export it will generate the .tpz

>file and import in your Test system.´

Do you mean, I have to create the business systems in SLD?

Damm, now I see the menu entry for exporting objects in configuration. Thought I read somewhere that is not possible to export them. Even this I will try. Thanks

@Barry

I don't use CMS. Does XI have a tool for CMS or do you use a third-party tool for this? CMS could be interessting for the future.

regards

chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>First you should create with the same Name Business systems .

>Select the Configuration scenario right clikc Export it will generate the .tpz

>file and import in your Test system.´

Do you mean, I have to create the business systems in SLD? -

Busines systems also with the same name need to create in Test system also.

Damm, now I see the menu entry for exporting objects in configuration. Thought I read somewhere that is not possible to export them. -

Select the scenario and Export and Copy that file and Copy into your test system in Integration Directory location and then Try import it will work.(If you have same names Business systems

)

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI has a tool for CMS.

Here's some links for setting up and using...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/43f5d790-0201-0010-2984-ff7...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f85ff411-0d01-0010-0096-ba1...

Takes all the pain out of tranporting, especially with additional changes to be added into QA before bundling the code upto to go to Production.

Also check http://help.sap.com

SAP NetWeaver > Application Platform (WAS) > Java Technology in SAP WAS > Architecture Manual > SAP NetWeaver Java Development Infrastructure > Architecture and Structure of the Change Management Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ vijaya kumari

So will an import even delete namespaces which are still on test system but has been delete on development system?

<i>Yes you can transport the configuration object provided you have mapped your Business system in the SLD with the destination system</i>

What do you mean with this? Do I have to do some connections between the two systems? Both system have an own SLD, so I needed to create all business and technical systems again on the test SLD.

regards

chris

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>So will an import even delete namespaces which are still on test system but has been delete on development system?</i>

If you delete a namespace from your SWCV, then you would need to export the entire SWCV and import it into your other environment and the change will be reflected.

><i>What do you mean with this? Do I have to do some connections between the two systems? Both system have an own SLD, so I needed to create all business and technical systems again on the test SLD.</i>

You need to create something called as transport targets. As you are using separate SLD's this guide will give you step by step answers,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f768d64...

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>You need to create something called as transport targets. As you are using separate SLD's this guide will give you step by step answers,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f768d644808</i>

Some of the technical systems need a need host, so I can't export/import the complete SLD. Trying to import only on technical system is leading to the followinig warning:

<b>The target namespace for the special import already contains data for one or more export lines. Continuing this import may corrupt the state of your data.</b>

Which namespace is it? In SLD I nowhere use namespaces!

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just tried to import an he had some errors because he couldn't found something. So I deleted it and create this Web AS ABAP system manually. Seemed to work!!!

regards

chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure most of the case this happens when you do the second import.

But if you have done all your configuration correctly then you can ignore this and import.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I exported my design objects from development system to the test system. Now I do some changes in development system and want to update the test system. Do I have to delete the SWK in the test system or how can I realized an update?

- After done the changes in Dev system activate now Export the SWCV..this export file Import into Test System .(that means re-import)

And is it not possible to transfer the configuration objects? - yes possible

First you should create with the same Name Business systems .

Select the Configuration scenario right clikc Export it will generate the .tpz file and import in your Test system.

Regards,

Venu.