cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting Chart Category Axis Values from BI Query!

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a BI Query supplying data to a chart component. The Category Axis Values are Dates coming from the query. The dates are showing up as YYYYMMDD and not formatted in MM/DD/YYY like I would like them to be. I don't see anywhere that I am able to format them like I do with a Table View Component.

How can I format my dates coming directly from my BI Query into a Chart Component?

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try the external key? Date fields in BI queries are user specified formatted in the external key (key_ext).

Regards

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there a way to make the date appear in a "diagonal down" direction like I can with WAD?

Thanks!

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sounds like you have to configure the fonts for the IGS. Please check notes 531668 and 596825.

Texts can only be displayed in direction 'diagonal down' when a true type font is provided.

Regards, Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Right The Formula

DSTR(@FIELD , "MM/DD/YYYY") IN Default Value

it will Show the Date Format MM/DD/YYYY.

Regards ,

venkat p

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

you must change the format with a formula in VC. I'm not sure if you can use a formula in the chart settings. If not, you can you can show the values in a table first and then connect your chart with the table. In the table you can add a further column, which get the date from the other column, then you can do the formatting in this column and use these values in your chart.

Best Regards,

Marcel

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for the response. I really don't want to show the table. I just want charts. Can I hide the table?

Thanks!