cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make the WD Application available over LAN and internet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me how to make available a WD application over LAN?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see also the

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/67/be9442572e1231e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">WDA documentation</a> on FQDN

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply..

The problem is solved.....now i am getting the application over LAN.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Subhasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasis,

WD apps are available to internet.

If you can access them via a browser, then it can be accessed via the web.

Perhaps you are now questioning deeper network setups.

You can put a Netweaver box in the DMZ area.

You can use the webdispatcher as a reverse proxy firewall.

Please see the network security guide on SAP help for details.

Exposing an SAP system to the internet, is best done with knowledge of the secutiy guide

and networking.

But to answer the question in short, if there is access through firewalls to the ABAP stack where the WD app is running, on the port required eg 8000, then it will work.

Inside Web dynpro there is nothing more to do.

Cheers

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phil, What you have mentioned is also applicable to WDA applications via SAP EP(ABAP) to webdispatcher to client browser on internet ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil ,

First of all thnks for the reply.

My problem is that a have an WD application,when i am putting the URL in the browser from my work station it is coming.

But whenever i am trying to access the URL from other work station,i am getting an errorr msg 'Page cann't be displayed'.

How can i access it over LAN and internet?

What setting or coding that i need to do?

Thanks & best regards,

Subhasis.

Message was edited by:

subhasis naskar

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasis,

Have you specified the FQDN properly? The workbench needs it to generate a proper URL that is not http://localhost:8000/.

Is it possible to ping the server from that other workstation using the server/domain name in the URL of the browser window?

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasis,

1. In order to see your WDA application in the LAN or Internet, there is nothing specifically need to done except that you Server which has the WDA Application is exposed to the LAN or Internet. It's that simple.

2. In order to run your WDA Application in your Work Stations you need to do

Check whether you are accessing the application using the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN),

Here is a superb <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/172">Blog</a> on FQDN.

<i>Tip: The BSP Application is working in your WorkStation right. Just copy that URL and send it to the Neighbour. Just run that url in your neighbours browser check whether you are getting application.</i>

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

for making an application available over internet u need to have interface controller

in ur webdynpro appl.

regards,

abhijeet.