cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back up the planning data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm using SCM4.1,I already run the forecast,The thing is i'm going to take data back up for planning area.

I already generated the back up cube form planning area(Generate info cube from planning area).In infosource i try to assign data source as my APO system means i can't select all my info object in Transfer structure,if i try to activate means its gives error please let me know ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhurudhrasamy,

Can you please post the exact error message your seeing?

I will try to help you to fix it once you post it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another easy way to create backup cube is, goto planning area admin transaction, then Extras, Data extraction tools and then first create datasouce and later data backup cube using pushbuttons. System links datasouce and backup cube automatically. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Niranjan

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhu ,

Follow below steps to backup the data .

1.Select your planning Area.

2.Go to Extras and Generate DataSource and save it .

3. In transaction RSA1 --> Source systems, select your APO SCM4.1 and with right mouse click Replicate DataSource (In small window : Noto All)

4.Again with right mouse click DataSource Overview and search for your DataSource

5.After Selecting your DataSource Right mouse click maintain DataSource in the Source System .

6.And in assign Infource Transfer structure Propose Transfer Rules for all .

7.Save and Activate the infosource.

8.Then with right mouse create a Remote InfoCube OR Create new Infocube in Infoprovider with this DataSource,save and activate and asssign source system.

9.In this cube you can see your planned data

Hope you will understand the flow and help to solve your prob..

Let me know if need more info...

Tnks.

Digs...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi digs,

Thanks for your reply and almost i rectify the problem.

And i love to way you express.

Thanks,

prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Digs,

I used all mensioned steps but i'm not able to see my planning data there is anything i missed.

I used LISTCUBE tr.code to see my planned data but all the char&keyfigures only displayed no data excist under each field please let me know .

I have one more doubt regarding Infopackage.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

prabhu

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu ,

Pls see following link which may give some more explanation on the procedure for Back-Up and reporting of the data stored in the Cube in the form of BEx Queries .

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/en/ae/127c39f303a423e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">Extracting Data from a Planning Area</a>

hope this helps

Regds , Digs...