RFC: EO and EOIO (performance)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I read that RFC messages could processed

- EO

- EOIO

where can I maintain it?

I cannot see a parameter in the communication channel.

Backgroud: We loop an internal table in R/3 and call a RFC. We got trouble with the performance. I though EOIO could be a solution?

Regards Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

The QOS depends from the ABAP code in the sender system (the caller of RFC).

If you just call the RFC (sRFC) you will have Best Effort.

If use the ABAP code in order to make trasanction RFC ( tRFC) you will have EO.

if write ABAP code in order to use queued RFC (qRFC) you will have EOIO.

You don't have to set this in the adapter, but it depends from the ABAP coding.

Start from here: <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/62/73241e03337442b1bc1932c2ff8196/frameset.htm">Configuration of System Resources for aRFC, tRFC, qRFC</a>

Regards,

Sandro

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi muller,

there is a parameter called Quality of Service,there u can define BE for Synchr,

EO & EOIO for Asynchronous..

regards,

krish..

Former Member
0 Kudos

calling appplication system has to specify the quality of service. In the component monitoring in RWB, test message tab, you can specify the quality of service there. So, its basically we need to let the integration server to know to process the message in EOIO format.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mario,

If you need to call an RFC from XI in EO, all you woulld need to do is make the Inbound Message Interface an Asynchronous Message Interface and the call becomes a call with QOS as EO.

EOIO, from SAP note : 730780 question 9,

<i> With SP11 a XI EOIO-messages will result in a normal tRFC call. If a tRFC is send to a SAP-system it will be executed directly (in other words synchronous) plus the tRFC exactly once handling. The order of the messages belonging to one EOIO-queue will be guaranteed by the Adapter Framework messaging layer.</i>

So, if the message is being passed from the Integration Server in EOIO format, the message will be pushed to the RFC adapter with a QOS of EOIO.

Regards

Bhavesh