cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit PO(Item category D instead of B)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created Limit PO in SRM in Development server and in Backend R/3 it is showning Item category D instead of B. I have deactivated all Gr based checks in Manage Business Partners and in Backend Vendors. Do anyone have any Idea why it is showing item category as D instead of B.

Best Regards

Lovkesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We applied some OSS note after that it is working fine.

Best Regards

Lovkesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Great.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have the same problem

Which OSS note did you apply

thanks

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What OSS notes you applied to fix this problem? I know that when you create a Limiti Item with Invoice Only option, it creats a PO in ECC with Item Category B, but can we create a PO with B in ECC with Conf and Inv option on Limit itmes?

Thanks,

CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lovkesh

As far as I'm aware, limit orders are created with a D because they are treated as service items.

If you've created a 'limit order with confirmation/invoice' the requisitioner is required to enter the details of the goods / services that have been received prior to the invoice being entered.

When the goods / services are entered, I'm fairly certain that a GR and SES are created on the backend.

Not sure if this answers your query but I hope it helps to shed some light on it.

Regards

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your reply. But I am working on two servers- development and quality. In development server when I am creating PO for limit item it is showing item category as B in backend while in Quality server it is showing item category as D in bacckend. As far vendor is concerned, no GR based tick is active in Backend R/3 as well as SRM. I am not able to find where I have done a mistake in Quality server that it is picking up item category as D in place of B.

Best Regards

Lovkesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the acc ass config in the backend for "Define Combination of Item Categories/Account Assignment Categories"

Is this consistent on Dev and QA ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have checked ass config in the backend for "Define Combination of Item Categories/Account Assignment Categories" and both Development and Quality Servers are consistent. Do we have any programming fault?

Best

Lovkesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure to understand correctly your issue...

When you create a limit SC :

1- with GR and Invoice

-> PO item category is "D"

System is waiting for a GR through ML81N (either from EBP or ECC)

2- with invoice only :

-> PO item category is "B"

In which case are you ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yarn,

We are in Case 2- with invoice only :

-> PO item category is "B"

It is working fine in development server and taking item category as B in Backend but in Quality server it is picking up Item category as D in backend. Do you have any idea why its behaving abnormal in Quality server.

Best Regards

Lovkesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1- Could you confirm that the SC does have GR_IND flag ? goto transaction BBP_PD and go to SC item detail screen

2- Could you please compare table T613 for your two systems (dev and qual) ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Thanks for the replay

The transaction BBP_PD has no GR_IND flag deactive and Table T613 is not active in the Dictionary.

Best

Lovkesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

t163 should exist in ECC...

Which R/3 release and patch level are you using ?

Kind regards

Yann

Message was edited by:

Yann Bouillut

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If GR_IND is not set in SRM, problem should occurs in R/3...

Did you try to debug hte PO creation to understand why the system is picking up GR_IND ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Friend,

I left yesterday at 9pm, so could not reply. The case is when I created Limit PO directly, it is picking up Item category B in the Backend R/3 but when I am creating Shopping cart for limit PO than with respect to shoppping cart it is picking up Item category D in Backend R/3. What settings do we need to check in shopping cart so that it will pick up correct Item category B for Limit PO in Backedn R/3.

Best Regards

Lovkesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yarn,

All Gr based ticks are deactive, even in Backend Limit PO still it is picking up the item category as D in Backend.

Best Regards

Lovkesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working in Quality Server on Limit PO.

Case-1 : I created limit PO directly and it is picking up Item category B in the R/3 Backend.

Case-2: I created Shopping Cart with Limit Item and when PO is created, it is picking up Item Category as D in R/3 Backend.

Do anyone knows why the incorrect item category picked up in R/3 Backend when we Created Limit PO with respect to Shopping cart.

The Case1 and Case 2 working fine in our Development server. I removed all GR based ticks and Gr Config expected Ticks in Manager Busines Partners.

Best Regards

Lovkesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1-Did you implement bbp_doc_change badi for SC ?

If yes, what kind of modification are you doing ?

2-Did you already open an OSS message ?

Kind regards,

Yann

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also, please give us the SRM AND R/3 release AND patch level.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

The SRM Release is 4.0

-Component Version: SRM 5.0

-Software-SRM_SERVER

Release-550

Level- 0004

Highest Support-SAPKIBKT04

Short Description of Software Component-SRM_SERVER

R/3 Release:( R/3-4.7)

Software- SAP_APPL

Release- 470

Level- 0026

Highest Support- SAPKH47026

Short description :Logistics and Accounting

Best Regards

Lovkesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Yann,

We have not implemented any BADI for shopping cart.

I tried to find in OSS message but not able to see any details.

Best Regards

Lovkesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your SRm release is 5.0 (and not 4.0) which contain SRM server 5.5

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Yarn,

You are correct it is SRM 5.0.

See when I create Limit PO it is picking up item category B in Backend R/3 but when I am creating a limit item via shopping cart, the Limit PO in backend R/3 picking up item category as D.

Best Regards

Lovkesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hum... very strange as i am in the same release but with Sp6 and my backend is ECC6.0.

I will have to search again...

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yann,

I suppose you are the most senior guy in SRM. I seen you many posts that you have solved. You have a good grip on subject.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Lovkesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check (with the basis team) the compliance of the plug -in release and patch level on your R/3 ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Yarn,

When I am creating Limit PO directly it is picking up item category B in backend. But when I am creating Limit PO wrt to Shopping Cart it is picking up Item category D instead of B. I suppose somthing thing is wrong via Shopping cart that I am not able to idetify.

Best Regards

Lovkesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my release SRM server 550 and SP6, i don't have any issue...

However, i didn't find any OSS note form SP4 to SP6 to explain that the GR_IND is set in the SC.. That's why i asked you if any SC badi was implemented already.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

We have not implemented any BADI in SRM. In shopping cart can we check any customzation settings whether any GR based tick is active, I checked BBp_PD in Item category but not able to see any GR based tick.

Best Regards

Lovkesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes in the bbp_pd :

goto your Sc number and select the item to display the content

Then navigate to the table BBP_PDPSET section

Here you can see GR_IND with or without an "X"

X means that GR has to be done -> item category "D"

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

We just checked in the table and Gr based all ticks are deactive only invoice based tick is active. Can we check any other area of shopping cart.

Best Regards

Lovkesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No flag here means that the SC is ok

Now you can do the same but for bus2201 (PO) in bbp_pd

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend Yann,

We have closed this defecct for Limit PO. We applied OSS note after that it is working fine.

Best Regards

Lovkesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavkesh,

We have same issue , can you please let us know the OSS note you have applied

It will be of great help

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavkesh,

What OSS notes did you apply to fix this issue?