Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

translate the same form in other languanges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to smartforms.

I already have a smartform built by someone. Now i need to translate the same form in other languanges say Spanish, German..etc. How to do this?

I need to create Text Symbols holding text for different languages? How fo i do that? and

- While coding (in the program) how do i check for the corresponding language and pass the respective text symbols to the smartform.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Translation will be used in case of different language logins,but standard text has to be created in different languages

Change the standard text language with variable like below

or capture the language into a variable and include it in standard text

Example:

/: INCLUDE z_txt OBJECT TEXT ID txt LANGUAGE &Variable&

Name: z_text

Object: Text

Text id: Txt (Text id from SO10)

Language: variable

In the smartform I got the language into a variable and according to what you have explained I need to go with standard texts in SO10 and use the required language standard text in the form depending on the langauge in the variable.

Check this setting in your smart form.

Global Settings --> Form Attributes --> General Attributes Tab.

Set radio button 'To All Languages'.

Now your smart form will be translated automatically to the logon language.

For example if you want to see your form in korean language, logout SAP once, then login with korean language 'KO'. (field after username and password)

If you need any specific text in other languages..u have to create text id in SO10 using different logon languages.

Revert back for more help

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add further, i need to check according to dunning levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I should not make use of SE63 it seems. I need to some coding like stuff for text symbols in conditions tab.

Pls tell me how to do this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

there is no need to create or copy smartforms in different langaguges as we are doing in SAP scripts.

First please check :"Translate to all language Radio button". (Path: T/code "Smartforms "> enter form name> Form Attributes>Language attributes> set the radio button "Translate to all languages"(allow all languages for translations) or Set radio button to "selected languages" (allow specific languages for translations) and Add Spanish language.

Translations you can do via T/code SE63:

Path T/code SE63>Translation(Menubar)>R/# enterprise> Other Long Texts> Select SSF(For Smartforms)-->Enter form name at (Object name) --> enter Source language and Destination language.

Regards

Naresh