cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM custom reports on Web

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to create a custom report in SRM and publish it on the web screens instead of the normal SAP output screen. Please let me know the process.

Right now, i plan to use the ABAP webdynpro methodology. If there is a simpler solution to this, please do let me know.

Thanks

Nagender

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mani_sreedharala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nagender,

Developing a report in WebDynpro is rather easy than BSP . It is my opinion as i felt easy during my development.

Best regards,

~Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

Thanks for the response. I was leaning towards ABAP Webdynpro but wanted to know if there was any trick in converting an ABAP report to view output on the web. I tried using some features available while creating a custom Tcode for this report in SE93 viz., "SAPGUI for HTML" etc....but they dont seem to work.

I think i'll go with the webdynpro approach.

Thanks for your help.

Nagender

mani_sreedharala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nagender,

You can view the custom report in ITS . i mean the exact selectionscreen, report output etc which you are seeing in the webgui.To achieve this try to follow the below mentioned steps.

1. Create a transaction code for the report.

2. Goto SE80 and navigate to the internet serivces.

3. Create an ITS service and during creation you can opt the option by providing the newly created trasaction code.

4. once you have done with the step 3 then goto SE93.

5. Change the transaction code by including the newly created service by selecting the option "Easy Web Transaction" .

6. once you have done this chnages then include this tcode in a custom role and assign it to the user.

7. Now you can see the report in the left frame for the assigned user on ITS .

hope this may help in saving time .

Best regards,

~Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

I tried using the steps you mentioned by creating a sample report, assign a tcode and attach the tcode to an Internet service. I have even published the service using the program "W3_PUBLISH_SERVICES".

However, when i try to execute the Internet service, it gives me an error:

<b><b>URL http://sceissbx1.bcbad.state.sc.us:8001/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/ztest/ call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

Note:

The termination occurred in system SRS with error code 404 and for the reason Not found.

The selected virtual host was 0 .</b></b>

I am able to log onto the normal Shopping cart screens. i there something else i need to do?

mani_sreedharala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nagender.

Can you make sure that the service is there at the following path and if it is there then maintain the parameters which BBPSC01 service has.

Tcode - SICF

The path is SAP -> BC -> GUI -> SAP -> ITS -> and look for ZTEST and then try to maintain the parameters and activate the same.

Note : If you are using external ITS then ask your ITS experts to include the ZTEST in the ITS Services file.

~Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

I went into the transaction SICF but i did not see my service 'ZTEST' maintained over there.

I did not understand the "note" that you have mentioned about the external ITS. Where do we find it and how do we add it to the ITS services file? To my knowledge, i guess what i have created in SE80 is an internal Internet service.

Please help me understand this better.

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Nagender

mani_sreedharala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nagender,

Once you have created the ZTEST service , then try to manully create the service entry in the SICF tree and maintain the parameters.

Now it should work.

~Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

Sorry to bother you again. I went into SICF and created the service SICF and made sure that the parameters match with BBPSC01.

When i tried to execute the service ZTEST from SE80, it gives me the following error.

The URL http://sceissbx1.bcbad.state.sc.us:8001/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/ztest/ was not called due to an error.

Note

The following error text was processed in the system SRS : Templateinterpretation abgebrochen, Template nicht vorhanden.

The error occurred on the application server SCEISSBX1_SRS_01 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

SYSTEM-EXIT of program SAPLSMTR_NAVIGATION

Error code: ICF-IE-http -c: 010 -u: NBOLISETTY -l: E -s: SRS -i: SCEISSBX1_SRS_01 -w: 0 -d: 20070104 -t: 165338 -v: RABAX_STATE -e: ITS_TEMPLATE_NOT_FOUND

Am i missing some other setting?

Regards

Nagender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

A small error in my previous response. I created the service ZTEST in the transaction SICF. I mis spelt my service as SICF. Sorry about that.

Regards

Nagender

mani_sreedharala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nag,

Can you please check whether you have maintained the following parameters in the service (GUI Configuration).

~THEME 99

~TRANSACTION Zprogram

~FLICKERFREE 0

~DISCONNECTONCLOSE 0

~GENERATEDYNPRO 1

once you have maintained the same, deactivate and activate the service.(by rightcllick on the serviceyou see options) and from here itself you can test the service by choosing the option "test service" and also make sure that the handler list is maintained with the value 'CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS'.

~Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mani

i was not maintaining all the parameters properly earlier. It now works fine. I am now able to see the report's selection screen on the IE window. Thanks to you.

However, I have another issue.

I am presently trying to execute a sample report which has a selection screen. What ever value is entered on the selection screen has to be displayed on the report output with a "Write" statement. I am able to see the selection screen on the web window, but it does not display the EXECUTE (F8) button on the selection screen. There are only two menu options: "QUIT" and "HELP" which are available on the selection screen.

Do i have to tweak the report to suit the web environment?

Your responses have been AWESOME. Thanks for the help done.

Regards

Nagender

mani_sreedharala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nagendra,

Thanks for your appreciation.

Make sure that the exact GUI support is selected in the transaction code.

~Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

wanted to know if you have experience with including custom screens in SRM shopping cart. I am working on a scenario where i need to enhance the classic scenario of the shopping cart by either including a custom field in the existing standard final screen of the SC or include a custom screen apart from the existing three standard screens.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards

Nagender

Message was edited by:

Nagender Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagender

I know this is an old thread but did you ever get this fully working?

We are at this same point were we can see the selection screen but there is no execute funtion - only 'Exit' and 'Help' buttons. How did you fix this to get your report working fully.

Many thanks

Daniel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reopening the thread for additional help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagender,

You can use BSP for this all information You can find in SDN WIKI

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BSP/Main