cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

srm role + iview customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on SRM 4. I am new to SAP.

I need to customixze the iviews like change the label of one or two fiels , or delete some fields. How am i supposed to do that? do I have to import the epa file in the

NWDS and then modidy the code in web - dynpro or Java persepective or in ABAP.

Can anyone please help me as to how to proceed on this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JIm

Tahnks for your help

can you help me more in the aspect as to how to identify what is the name of the service in the source code .

Shobhendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should have mentioned - when you ask about changing lables of fields, deleting fields, etc - I'm not sure this has anything to do with iviews and role custmization.

Roles / iViews would be taken care of by a portals administrator.

From the SRM perspective, if you want to make any of the changes you were talking about, this would be taken care of by making ITS service enhacements.

So perhaps a better way to phrase your question would be to just ask what you want done.

Best, Jim Stewart

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, you should try to talk your users into using the software as it was intended to be used - why are they deleting and changing fields? SAP delivers software and business process, and if you deviate too much from what they deliver you will run into problems later.

OK, can't I be an optimist at the start of a new year?

You might try modifying the BusinessHTML using transactio se80 -> Internet Services

Of course you'll have to located the service in question. Try going to the screen in question (using internet explorer), right click, view source, and upon investigation you'll find the appropriate service name. This is the file you will need to edit in se80.

Once you make your changes, you will need to publish these servicse back to your ITS server.

You should also have a discussion with someone in charge and tell them "we're going to need a place to back up the old ITS server templates" since these are not typically a part of a transport or CTS process you will need to create your own.

I hope this helps -

Best, Jim Stewart