Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device type unsuitable for ADS documents

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We are running on NW04s ECC 6.0 EP 7.0 SP8.

I am getting an error when I try to take a Print preview of Standard Form 16 in R/3.

We have installed and configured ADS. ADS Version is also SP8. I am able to deploy WD for Java applications and able to see PDF Forms.

I also referred Notes 766410 & 685571. The Table TSP0B has the folowing values and the XDC files are located in the right folder.

AZPL203 zpl203.xdc

AZPL300 zpl300.xdc

HP9500 hppcl5c.xdc

HPLJ4 hppcl5e.xdc

HPLJIID hppcl5e.xdc

HPLJIIID hppcl5e.xdc

PDF1 acrobat6.xdc

POST2 ps_plain.xdc

What could be the Problem. I am still getting the error 'Device type unsuitable for ADS documents'.

Regards,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this can happen if you use the device type: 'SAPWIN' for printing what is not supported.

Please check how you LOCL device is set up in SPAD, or wether the user has a default printer maintained. /* This also may not be SAPWIN type */

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murlidharan,

Whether your issue is resolved ? I am also getting below error when running transacton PC00_M40_F16.

Device type unsuitable for ADS documents

Message no. SPADS011

Even searched oss notes but did not able to find any such note which is talking about this error.

If you are able to resolve this issue then please help me !!

Thanks,

Avinash

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you please first make sure the ADS is configured in your System?

Please execute the reports:

1. FP_PDF_TEST_00

2. FP_TEST_00

What are your results?

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dezso,

We have installed ECC 6.0 Unicode Version ( Only ABAP ), I have seen some notes related with ADS and it pin point fingures towards JAVA as well.

Do I need Java to be installed on SAP Server then only ADS will work or I can Install ADS seperately on the System.

I have gone thorugh the SAP Note # 685571, this note suggest to check XDC files in directory \usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\AdobeDocumentServices\lib.

Where as when i checked on my system I found that directory AdobeDocumentServices\lib is not available.

Even when I checked the documents for ADS configuration, they suggest to configure ADS RFC through SM59 with type G (HTTP), but here the url and port no. is required which I do not have.

We have also checked the program comments in that programmer has mentioned that the printing can be possible in PDF or sap scripts.

Can you suggest the alternate way to do the printing either through sap script and how to configure the printer for sap scripts ?

I have checked the device types through transaction SPAD, there are lot many available for PDF, but not a single is working, if would select the device type as any of the PDF format then I am not getting error in printing and not able to see the output as well.

Can you please suggest something.

Thanks,

Avinash

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

unforunatelly I am not expert in SAPScript so I can not advice your in this direction.

SAP Interactive Forms by ADOBE requires JAVA Stack. The ADS is running on the J2EE engine. So if you wnat to use Adobe based form, you will have to install also a J2EE engine of the same release as your ABAP.

For configuration of ADS you will find information in SAP note:

Best regards,

Dezso Pap

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

+Hello All,+

+We had the same problem , post Support Pack upgrade for our ECC 6.0 system for all the components like SAP_HR, SAP_APPL, SAP_BASIS, SAP_ABA etc... Basically all the components were upgraded to N-1 level till date i.e 1st Feb 2011 that are available in SAP MArketplace.+

+The following steps were taken to fix this issue+

+If you need to print in SAP script, please mainatain the table+

+V_T5F99OMFG with Logical form name as+

+"HR_INTAXF16_2009" and FOrm Group as "INTAX"+

+After maintaining this please do the following steps:+

+(1) Execute transaction SM30+

+(2) Enter 'Table/View' as V_T5F99OCFT+

+(3) Select 'Maintain' option+

+(4) Select 'New Entries' option from the Application Toolbar+

+(5) Enter following entries:+

+Logical Form Name = HR_INTAXF16_2009+

+Form Variant = (Leave this field blank)+

+End Date = 31.12.9999+

+Start Date = 01.01.1990+

+Form Type = SAP Script (SSC)+

+Def. Type = (This field should be checked)+

+PDF Form Name = HR_INTAXF16_2009+

+SAP Script Form Name = HR_INTAXF16_2009+

+Smart Form Name = (Leave this field blank)+

+(6) Save the entries+

+When printing using Transaction : pc00_m40_f16+

+Select Output format "Customer Layout" and then print .. it should resolve the Issue.+

+Regards,+

+Victor+