cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems importing an XML Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to import an XML schema using the MDM Console.

In the Console Hierarchy tree I right-click on the MDM repository into

which I want to import the XML schema and choose Import

Repository Schema from the context menu and finally I choose a simple XML file.

Then an message appears: "MDS Version mismaths. Upgrade the source repository to the latest version and import the original schema again"

I use the SAP MDM Console for Windows, version 5.5 SP4. There is another way to import an schema in my repository? This Console version really doesn't support it?

Thank you.

Could I import my Schema of my repository using MDM Import manager?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working with MDM Console and I have just imported a XSD file to the XML Schema. I would like to import a XML file using the Import manager that corresponds to the previous XML Schema imported. In that moment, Does the MDM Console update its Schema?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can build a map using that schema as long as the map in the import manager is saved under the same Repository as the one in which you imported the Schema

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

MDM Console will not update the schema.If you select an xml schema in the import manager and try to specify an xml file with different structure,Then it will give you error and will not allow you to import.

You define xml schema into MDM console so that u can import data into MDM repository from the xml file or files having same structure as defined into xml schema table of repository.

The XML Schema drop-down list in Import manager includes an entry for each XML schema you define in the MDM Console. For each XML Schema defined in the console, you can select multiple XML source files, each having the same structure.

Hope it will help you.Let me know the result and further queries if any.

<b>

Please remark if it helped you.</b>

Thanks,<b>

Shiv Prashant Dixit</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

So, as far as I am concerned, In MDM Console I have to define a Repository (MDM Repository Schema) that will contain in the future (using the import manager) all data corresponding to all client systems. The MDM Console allows me to export and import this schema that is useful to make backups, migrations...etc. (page nº 209).

In the Console Hierarchy pane -> Admin -> XML Schemas, I have to import each XSD file corresponding to each XML files that I will import in the future using the import manager, right?

Finally, If I want to create a new great/big repository, as far as I am concerned, I have to start it from scratch or to import a XML file corresponding to another MDM repository Schema, but my question is ... Could I import this repository Schema using a XML file corresponding to a Client System? Is It possible?

Thanks in advance!

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Marta,

It is not mandatory to define XSD for each xml file that you import in import manager. We define XSD file in Console Hierarchy pane -> Admin -> XML Schemas, only when we are having multiple source files with same schema.

U can directly import data from xml file using import manager without defining its schema in Console Hierarchy pane -> Admin -> XML Schemas. For this, select<b> xml </b> instead of <b>xml schema </b> from the type drop down list while connecting to the source in the import manager.

Yes u can import repository schema using an XML file, but the file should contain a valid schema. But I am not getting what you mean to say by "corresponding to a client system". Can you explain it in detail?

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv Prashant Dixit </b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, you are right!

I was trying to import a XML file from a client system, not a XML file from a MDM repository.

My new question is, Is it also possible to import a XML Schema from a client system, (using for instance the data-type created by XI)?

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

sorry i am not getting ur exact requirement.Do you want to import repository schema or output schema for syndication.Can u give it in detail......

If you are trying to import repository schema, u can refer to console reference guide available at service market place ---page no 210.

And if you r trying to define target structure for syndication ,then u can define Your xsd file in <b>admin -->XML Schema </b>table of the repository.

Hope it will help you.Let me know the results.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv Prashant dixit</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, if you create an XSD from XI you should be able to import that schema into the MDM console.

This blog covers the process of importing an XML schema:

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/11/27/mdm-syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure the file is correct? Is it an XSD file or some other sort of file?

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

The problem seems to be of your XML file.It might not be of a proper repository structure.So please check that u r going to import correct structure file.

Once you select <b>import repository schema</b> from context menu and provide the repository schema file ,a new dialogue window will appear.It will display all the existing as well as new tables added by repository schema import.

And we cannot import repository schema using import manager.

Hope this will help you.Let me know the results.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv Prashant Dixit

</b>