cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_Cust profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

EXPERT

I have copied the client using SAP_Cust profile, here, i am not able to change the password of SAP* which is default "PASS"

need your advice

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

please note that SAP_CUST doesnt update USR* tables,that is the reason you cannot change the password of Sap* user i.e, Client-specific customizing including authorization profile is copied. The application data is deleted, the user data is retained.

do client copy using SAP_USER profile then only you can change the password

SAP_USER doesnot overwrite the existing client so you can clientcopy

formore clarification please follow the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/69/c24c5b4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to Samrat's reply, if you do not want all users from source client but just ant to use SAP, then create a user SAP using su01 and then you will be able to change the password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer wassim,

To change the sap* password follow the following steps :

1) Start the Config Tool.

2) In the tree, navigate to Global server configuration -> services -> com.sap.security.core.ume.service and the list of UME properties appears.

3) Activate the SAP* user by setting the following properties:

ume.superadmin.activated - true (This activates the SAP* user)

ume.superadmin.password - <password> (This defines the password for the SAP* user)

4) Restart the AS Java. The SAP* user is now activated. While it is activated, all other users are deactivated. You can only log on with the SAP* user.

Thanks

Vijay Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you explain in detail what error you are getting?

OR

If you do not intend to use it, you can deactivate it by setting value 1 for parameter "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar".