Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.7 Sync with Active Directory on Win2k3 server

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

All,

I'm having a nightmare with this and I'm hoping someone can either confirm my problem or solve it for me.

We are running R/3 Enterprise 4.7 (Web AS 6.20) and would like to sync the users with Micsoroft Active Directory 2003.

We are exploring the option of using full Active Directory schema expansion for the SAP sync. i.e. so we have all SAP related fields in AD.

According to the SAP notes, I need the WEB AS 6.10 installation CD so that I can run R3SETUP to perform the Active Directory schema modifications.

I have tried to download this from the SWDC with no luck.

So I guess my questions are:

1, Do I really need the 6.10 install cd (it seems it's only the ADSINIT.R3S file).

2, If I do, where can I get it from?, do I need to order it through our SAP contract manager?

In the meantime, I have tried performing the manual schema extension using the RSLDAPSCHEMAEXT report, uploading this to the AD server and running "ldifde" command.

This has extended the schema (or so it says), but I can't see any SAP icon in the AD tree. Have I missed something?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Darryl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RainerKunert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

what you have done is ok.

The schema extension adds new files to the AD (you should user ADAM for such purposes). But there is no frontend to maintain the fields. The AD management console is not altered and has no generic surface for added fields. You can use other LDAP browsers (f.e. JXplorer).

Kind regards

Rainer

2 REPLIES 2

RainerKunert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

what you have done is ok.

The schema extension adds new files to the AD (you should user ADAM for such purposes). But there is no frontend to maintain the fields. The AD management console is not altered and has no generic surface for added fields. You can use other LDAP browsers (f.e. JXplorer).

Kind regards

Rainer

0 Kudos

Rainer,

Thanks for that.

I have been re-reading note 793191 and question 14 says exactly that.

I will checkout JXplorer.

I have found a couple of MS technet articles on how to add your own context menus to the snap-in but it seems like a lot of effort for no real gain.

Thanks again.

ps. awarded points