cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G4Open

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Intermec device with IP3 Reader. I want to write a application to open, read, write to RFID tags.

I am having a problem when I execute the following line of code.

reader = G4Open(readerName &ErrorStatus, ErrorString, NULL, NULL);

the application crashes at the above code.

when I debug to check the values , I get the ErrorString as “cannot load it500.dll”. the readerName is IP3

I have checked for the dlls like it500, rfdvr ..etc .. in the windows directory of the pocket pc,they r present .

Also the rfconfig.ini and switt.ini have been placed in the proper locations.

Kindly let me know the solution to this problem.

Regards

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

I suppose i am replying a bit late and your query is solved by now.

if not

You got to check various thingsmentioned

First

reader = G4Open(readerName &ErrorStatus, ErrorString, NULL, NULL);

using this statement check that you are passing the readers name in proper way.

then you also got to check whether the settings in the rfconfig.ini whereas you have to check whether you are only keeping the configurations related to reader IP3 and commenting the settings related to other readers.And also check whether you are making changes accordingly depending on the no of tags you are using.

(These all settings are if you are testing on simulator)

Also check whether settings in swtt.ini is correct i.e if you using only one tag comment the other field sizes and memory locations. and if you are using multiple tags then you need to make necessary changes according to the field size i.e if you want 10chars to be written on the tag then change the memory location of the next accordingly

then seeing the error it is not able to load the it500.dll recheck the location of the file.

what i will suggest that do these various configuration check and then try to first test using the simulator i.e you need to start the simulator and then check wheteher you able read,identify and write the tag using the Intellitag simulator if it works then try connecting the devices and then do the testing if your Code is correct it should run.

I suppose this should help you.

Regards,

Pawan