cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI-Element for Thumbnails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i want to create a WD Application for showing different kinds of Documenttypes (Images, pdf, jpeg,word ...) as Thumbnails. My problem is, that i didn't find the appropriate UI-Element. I know that it's possible to use iFrame & Image, but I'm looking for only one UI-Element. Is that possible?

I don't want to use Interactive Forms.

regards,

Sharam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you most probably want to assign an action to the thumbnails, you should use the IWDLinkToAction UI element instead of IWDImage.

Armin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharam,

What stops you from using Image UI control from WD or Caption (image + text) UI control?

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Valery,

i wand also show pdf or word-documents in my UI? With the Caption and Image UI i can't show pdf.

regards,

Sharam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you are right we can show only image, but pdf and word docs can't be shown as thumbnails, there is no UI for this in WebDynpro

Regards,

RK

Message was edited by:

Ramakrishna Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharam,

<i>i wand also show pdf or word-documents in my UI?</i>

You want to show complete documents or thumbnails???

In later case even IFrame doesn't help you. You need some library that will generate thumbnail image from documents...

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

on the left side of my page i want to show the thumbnails and on the right side the appropriate document.

<i>You need some library that will generate thumbnail image from documents...</i>

Do you know some library for creating thumbnails?

regards,

Sharam