Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender Configuration

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to Configure the Scenario Bapi->XI->File in Asynchronous Mode.

when I execute the Bapi the output of it must be sent to Flat File by using XI.

I had taken Bapi Response and Mapped it to File.

I created RFC Destnation of Type TCP/IP in R/3 System with R3 as Gateway host and service.

I had created the Program-Id in Visual Admin of XI System.

The Program-Id and RFC Destination has same name.

when i Execute the Bapi from SE37 it is Giving System_Failure Error.

No message's were found in Moni also.

Please Suggest Me.

Thanks in Advance.

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Refer to the blog in the link for asynchronous sender RFC. It also contains the sample XI program in it.

<a href="/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous:///people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous

Regards,

Swaroopa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi swaroopa,

I am planning to start one scenario like RFC-xi-Soap.In this regard i have gone through your blog each and everything.Here am not clear about that what information ur going to send to the XI and what ur going to get.

Apart from that ,am expecting from your side is that what i have to desing and configuarate the objects in the IB for this scenario,in order to do execute this scenario.Pleae give me a clear picture on RFC-XI as per ur scenario.I wanna do this scenario .

Please help me.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5393...check [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] the RFC Adapter section.You have every references.I recommend you to read it without fail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For sender RFC configuration plz check the following Michel's blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>I had created the Program-Id in Visual Admin of XI System.

Dont do this. Follow the weblogs to create the TCP?IP type RFC destination in your R/3.

Weblogs you need:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Regards,

Jai Shankar

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Thanks for Ur fast Response.

If we do not create it in Visual Admin then the RFC Destination is Failing.

So what should i do?

Thanks in Advance.

Sriram

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sriram,

For a Sender RFC adapter you do not need setttings in the VA. Create the TCP/IP connection as shown in the blog by Michal.

The program Id can be anything , but should be unique and should be also used in the sender RFC adapter in XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh

I created a new one and Executed again still it is giving same System_Failure error

this time i did notdo any settings in the VA.

Thanks in Advance,

Sriram

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you follow these 2 blogs?

Weblogs you need:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

What is the error you are getting?

Log on to SXMB_MONI in XI and see what the errror is .

Also, is this an Asynch call or a Synch Call?

If it is an asynch call, please refer this blog as well,

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous

Regards

Bhavesh

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

It is an asynch call.

Is it Neccesary for calling it from a report.

There is no message in SXMB_MONI of XI syatem.

Thanks in Advance,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Most of the errors are captured in the FAQ RFC.

If youa re calling the RFC in Async then you have to call it from a report with following parameters:

CALL FUNCTION 'RFC Name' IN BACKGROUND TASK DESTINATION

'RFC Destination that you have created'

Regards

vijaya

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as it is an asynch call, you would need to write a report that calls in the RFC in BACKGROUNDTASK.

Please refer to the blog listed above.

if you are triggering this from se37 then you need to ensure that in the Field RFC Target Sys you are mentioning the name of your TCP IP Connction created on the R3 system in Sm59. Also try a test connection and a remote log on of the same.

But, if you are triggering this from Se37, it will become a synch call and so use a report to trigger the call.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srira,,

It doesn't required any report program to test the Sender RFC FM.

Check the TCP/IP Connection is working perfectly if not re-create and test.

the message has to come SXMB_MONI.

When you test your RFC if it works with out dump you will get the message in SXMB_MONI.

Try to resolve that dump.

Regards,

Venu.

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

The TCP/IP Connection is not Working since i did not Create it in Visual Admin.

Bapi is working fine with out TCP/IP name when executing bapi from se37.

If we give TCP/IP name while executing it is giving System_Failure.

Thanks in Advance.

Sriram

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The TCP IP connection should be created in SM59 and not in Visual Admin on the SAP R3 system.

Please refer Michal's blog and Shabrish's blog on how and what is to be done. They are quite descriptive,. Am not sure what I am missing here!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Create a communication channel in ID for sender RFC with the program Id as specified the TCP/IP. Activate the sender CC and then check your TCP/IP connection. The system failure error would be resolved.

Regards,

Swaroopa

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroopa,

I created a CC in ID for for sender RFC with the program Id as specified the TCP/IP.

the TCP/IP connection is failing.

Thanks in Advance,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Please try what Bhavesh and Swaroop explained .

It doesn't required any settings at Visual admin.

Just create the TCP/IP Connection and Program ID has to pass the Sender RFC Communcation channel and activate the Communcation channel .

Then test your TCP/IP Connection.

Regards,

Venu.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>the TCP/IP connection is failing.</i>

Well, the problem is the TCP IP Connection.

1. Make sure you have Selected <b>Registered Server Program</b>

2. Make sure the Gatewaty Host and Gateway Service point to the Host and Service of your SAP R3 system.

3.In the Log On and Security, make sure you have given the user id and password of the XI system! and the user id and password is correct.

Regards

Bhavesh

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Now TCP/IP connection is working now.

but when we execute the Bapi from SE37 it is giving System_Failure and there are no messages in SXMB_MONI also.

Thanks in Advance.

Sriram

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sriram,

Can you tell us what the earlier reason for the problem was?

Why dont you try to use a report as shown in the blog in my earlier replies and trigger the RFC asynchronously. If you are calling the RFC from Se37, then it wil be a synchronous call.

Also, in XI, go to SXMB_ADM and make see if the parameter LOGGING_SYNC is set to 1. I think the reason is that the SYNCH Logging in XI has been turned off and so you are not able to see the message in XI. Set this LOGGING_SYNC to 1 and then you should see the message in XI as well.

Regards

Bhavesh

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I had written a report and Executed it.

Still there is the same error.

In XI, LOGGING_SYNC is 1 only, and i m getting other messages in Moni.

Thanks in Advance.

Sriram.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sriram,

What is the error when you execute the report?

Maybe the data that is being passed to the RFC is incorrect or your RFC code is incorrect or something of that sort!

Regards

Bhavesh

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

when i execute the report i m getting the following Error.

RFC error text: "RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE"

CPI-C error text: "senderAgreement not found: lookup of binding via CPA-cache

failed for AdapterType RFC, AdapterNS http://sap.com/xi/XI/System, di"

Thanks in Advance.

Sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you created sender Aggrement with the CC created for the RFC. This error clearly says that sender aggrement has not been created in ID.

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroopa,

I had created Sender Aggrement in ID, but i m not able to see any sender aggrements in 'sxi_cache' of XI server.

But for other scenario's which has Sender aggrements in ID are working properly for those scenario's also no sender aggrement is there in 'sxi_cache' in XI server.

'sxi_cache' is uptodate.

Thanks in Advance.

Sriram

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sriram,

Did you activate the Sender Agreement? Activate the same.

Also, make some dummy changes on the Sender RFC adapter and the sender agreement and activate them. Make sure Program Id in the sender RFC adapter is the same as in the TCP IP Connection. They are Case Sensitive.

Regards

Bhavesh

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I created newly the total scenario and activated it, but still the Sender Agreement is not getting Updated in SXI_CACHE in XI system.

It is displaying the Receiver Agreement. I Refreshed the Cache in Full Mode also.

It is Giving an Error "HTTP 503: Service Unavailable"

Please Suggest Me.

Thanks in Advance.

Sriram